• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mch28

Sep 20, 2007
    I finally made a quick video on installation and adjustment of the AR 15 trigger adjusters. It shows trigger travel before and after the adjustment.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Nice video. Why red loctite? I've used blue in the past on your adjusters and had pretty good results. Also, I'm afraid of the red seeping onto the external threads of the adjuster, making the grip impossible to get off!

mch28

Sep 20, 2007
    Nice video. Why red loctite? I've used blue in the past on your adjusters and had pretty good results. Also, I'm afraid of the red seeking onto the external threads of the adjuster, making the grip impossible to get off!

I've used both with the same results. I've been using the red lately since it's less likely to break down with solvents. Either should be fine to use. Once they are adjusted, there isn't much need to readjust later unless you change to a different grip.

mch28

Sep 20, 2007
    I been looking but couldn't remember your username. How do I order one of these adjusters from you?

You really don't need to order from me on here. I live right up the road from you in Big Pool.

I'll PM you

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I Purchased one from you last week and installed it last Sunday.

I installed my screw without removing the grip. All I did was swap grip bolts by carefully doping the bolt into the grip hole.

I have already polished the surfaces of my trigger and hammer when building my AR last year and thought that it doesn't get any better. I can now say that there was room for improvement as it breaks better with this modification.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Every one of my AR's use this product. I have the ability to make these myself, but for the money these cost, I just buy them. Can't believe they are so cheap, yet so good!

-Jim

mch28

Sep 20, 2007
    Every one of my AR's use this product. I have the ability to make these myself, but for the money these cost, I just buy them. Can't believe they are so cheap, yet so good!

-Jim

Thanks Jim, They're tedious to make, but you get the hang of it after making several hundred of them.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    These are awesome. I bought 5 or 6 from MCH28 but I did buy 2 from joe bob so I could have long wrench at home and in the rifle case.

Blue loctite should be fine. You run the risk with red that you will overheat and pull the internal threads out if you need to adjust after adding another grip.

Red is set and forget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom