• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coldvayne13

Jun 4, 2013
    I have a simple question I'm guessing this is the best area. If I buy an AR lower receiver prior to October first and wait my time till I receive it and want to purchase everything else after, is this going to be possible? Or are there restrictions on this set in place, I had thought you could purchase upper without involving an FFL is this correct as long as you have a lower that's all that goes through an FFL? Thanks so much in advance, I've learned so much on here already. I fear I'm a little late to being a gun owner in MD.

thai

May 8, 2013
    I believe that is correct. As long as other components does not require restrictions. Such as a short barrel. A fully completed upper of 16 inches or more can be bought by anyone over the counter and you may also do so while out of state even.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Get your lower (the FFL required item) on order before 10/1 and then worry about getting the rest of the parts (need to be legal if after 10/1 as mentioned) needed to build (including the upper, bbl, etc... )

jonnybadua

Mar 5, 2013
    Fort Washington. MD
    yeah as long as you've got your lower (or lowers) before Oct.1st you're good to go. I've actually gone and bought a couple lowers so I can build rifles later at my own convenience...its a great way to go to beat that deadline especially if ya don't have the cashh to buy a complete AR.

I've learned a lot from being part of MDshooters as well...lots of info and help on here for builds as well...good luck

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Just buy stripped lowers now and build them later however you want. The stripped lower is the only regulated part. Availability of the other parts should be much better towards the end of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom