• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brianrose

May 2, 2009
    do you think there is any chance that the state and/or gun ranges will NOT allow weapons such as the AR15 to be fired at their ranges? This would assist in my decision to purchase one.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    There are 10's of thousands of legally owned AR's in the state, and they will all continue to be legal on 10/1. I doubt any ranges will disallow them.

I'm building a second AR just as an Eff U to O'Malley!!! :D

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    To reiterate, I do not believe that any ranges with validate what the MD government is trying to do by saying that legally owned and possessed firearms may not be used on their ranges.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    So long as you legally own or have purchased an AR-15 (or any other rifle on the regulated list) prior to Oct 1st, you're good to go.

The laws are not retro-active.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    In any case there are several bordering states that would be willing to take your money. Such a policy by any range would be as good as closing their doors forever.

They know it. So do not worry about that...

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Not really related but a range I go to in PA has very simple rules. 1. Automatic weapons must be fired one round at a time (I hope more the one round don't fire at the same time. I do know what they mean.) 2. NO Assault rifles....this is not a military range. This one gets me especially with rule one.

There are some ranges that do it and I am sure that one or two in MD might do it but I would not base my decision to buy off of that.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Why would a range bite the very hand that feeds them? It wouldn't seem like a good idea IMO. It's kinda like the 8 day release. If an FFL refuses an 8 day release, people will take their business elsewhere.

Same principle applies here IMO.

BigToe

Well Armed Vagrant
    Not really related but a range I go to in PA has very simple rules. 1. Automatic weapons must be fired one round at a time (I hope more the one round don't fire at the same time. I do know what they mean.) 2. NO Assault rifles....this is not a military range. This one gets me especially with rule one.

So they allow machine guns, but just not the "evil assault weapons" on Feinstein's list?

Feb 28, 2013

There are some ranges that do it and I am sure that one or two in MD might do it but I would not base my decision to buy off of that.

:confused::wtf:

Any one else here think rule #2 should negate rule #1?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Nah , rule #2 disalows light weight medium powered selective fire rifles. , rule #1 regulates the usage of submachine guns , full power battle rifles , and belt-feds.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Why would a range bite the very hand that feeds them? It wouldn't seem like a good idea IMO. It's kinda like the 8 day release. If an FFL refuses an 8 day release, people will take their business elsewhere.

Same principle applies here IMO.

It is a member only sportsman club. Not a public range.

:confused::wtf:

Any one else here think rule #2 should negate rule #1?

I did question the rules and basically as long as you load them all 1 round at a time it is fine to shoot whatever. They said they had problems with a few people just out there tearing the range up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom