• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MossPumper

MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2020
    VA (Western)
    Greetings.
    I own a few rifles already built (Colt AR ) and some shot guns.
    That being stated, I really like to build and have the understandings of the entire Rifle.
    I purchased 3 Anderson lowers. Two of them are stripped and one is a 80%. Still waiting for the MSP On the stripped units.
    My intent was to take the 80% and build it out. I want to develop the skills and ability to Smith this lower into a simple AR.
    I have to locate a JiG of some sort. I have seen molds and them just the grab off the shelf aluminum flat drill maps.

Can the members here give me some advice and or direction on a the drilling ? Are all lower " finishing kits, pretty much the same holes position on the Lower ?
    Thanks

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    5D Tactical or 80 Percent Arms Gen 2 Easy Jig.

Then watch the youtube videos. Very easy

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    My only other suggestion - build it on the standard stripped lower first. Lots of things might go wrong with your first build (incorrectly aligned gas block is common for example), all are easy to fix. That way you eliminate one variable (incorrect machining) and you have a working rifle. Once you have it working, then proceed to the 80%.

MossPumper

MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2020
    VA (Western)
    My only other suggestion - build it on the standard stripped lower first. Lots of things might go wrong with your first build (incorrectly aligned gas block is common for example), all are easy to fix. That way you eliminate one variable (incorrect machining) and you have a working rifle. Once you have it working, then proceed to the 80%.

Thank you ..

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    Sorry to hijack the thread. Of the 2 mentioned 80% jigs (5D Tactical or 80 Percent Arms Gen 2 Easy Jig) has anyone tried both and prefer one or the other or a diferent one all together? or any advantages/etc one gives over the other or is it a toss up?
    Thinking of using some of my stimulus money on a jig and a few lowers possibly.

Thanks.

I have a few routers and a floor standing drill press, so should only need the jig and bits and lowers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom