• Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Registration opens on: March 20, 2024
    Registration closes on: April 6, 2024 @ 10:00 PM

Match starts: April 7, 2024 @ 8:00 AM · Match ends: April 7, 2024 @ 2:00 PM

Match Information:
    The Mayberry Game Protective Association (MGPA) will be holding a Precision Rimfire Rifle Match on Sunday, June 11, 2023. The match will be a friendly match that will provide both new and experienced shooters with a challenge. All levels of experience are welcome to come.

Shooters wishing to participate in the Modern America Rimfire Series (MARS) points series must be a member of MARS. Memberships are available at the MARS website: https://modernamericanrimfireseries.com

Address: 2555 Mayberry Rd, Westminster, Maryland 21158
    *If your navigation can't locate the address, use "Mayberry Archers" as your keyword.

Date: Sunday, April 7,2024

Time:
    -Check-in: 0800
    -Match Start: 0900
    Cost: $20/Adult, $10/Minor (Cash Only - To be paid on match day)

Specifics:
    -.22LR only (No other rimfire/centerfire cartridge will be permitted)
    -Round count: bring 100+
    -No redo’s… If you screw up, say you understand the COF and don't shoot it correctly, or shoot someone else’s target, learn from it.
    -Don't leave the line without verifying your score - There will be no adjustments after you leave the line.
    -Eye/Ear protection required
    -Empty Chamber Indicator required
    -Know your DOPE from 25 - 300 yards.

-For complete rules, visit: https://modernamericanrimfireseries.com/rulebook/
    -All official match communication will be done through PractiScore, so please make sure you are able to receive emails from PractiScore.

Recommended Equipment:
    - .22LR rifle with a removable magazine
    - Scope that can be easily dialed or held over for elevations.
    - Spare magazine(s)
    - Shooting bags, bipods, tripods, back pack, sling. Bring what you have. Several of us will also have equipment you may try.

***If you are new to precision rifle competitions, please email us for more details at kenneth.yoshida@outlook.com

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    This is a great chance to try out PRS style shooting. If you are on the fence bc you don't have a rifle, let me know and I'll have a second rifle and ammo you can use if you are in my squad

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Bountied, you will have a good time and meet good people. Except for that swaim guy....he will try to get you to buy a Vudoo!

Just kidding. He's a great guy.

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    Bountied, you will have a good time and meet good people. Except for that swaim guy....he will try to get you to buy a Vudoo!

Just kidding. He's a great guy.
    Sold the Vudoo as I am on team RimX :)

If someone wants to try out the sport and doesn't have a rifle, I have a second RimX in an ACC elite chassis with good glass for them to try at this match.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Sold the Vudoo as I am on team RimX :)

If someone wants to try out the sport and doesn't have a rifle, I have a second RimX in an ACC elite chassis with good glass for them to try at this match.
    I was poking you about winning a vudoo cert with a rimx rifle. All in fun. You deserved the win and earned every bit of it.

Guys, swaim is a great ambassador for this sport.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    You won't find a more supportive group of people. The rimfire precision rifle sport just seems to attract helpful and friendly people who are hellbent on having a good time.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I was trying to decide between the 10/22 and the 455. Both shoot 5 shots inside of a dime at 50yds. I have gotten hits on targets out to 300 with both. My last Mayberry match I came in 8th with my 10/22, then they created classes based on action. The spinner leg is much easier with a semi auto. I could never get back on target in time with the bolt to get it to spin. The 2 matches I did enter were a lot of fun and all the guys were super nice. I'll have to get a pic of the playing card I shot in half with the 10/22. The guy before me split his card on his first shot, he had a Voodoo and I think he was sponsored for some other PRS rifle division in higher powered rifles. They were all from PA, solid group of guys.
    IMG_2395.JPG

IMG_5146 (1).jpg

IMG_5147 (1).jpg

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    There were a couple of things happening, but the main thing was lack of attendance due to announcing it a little late. There will be other matches this year.

As for what rifle to run, I would go with whatever you are most comfortable with. I do recommend a first focal plane scope with a reticle in it.

Personally, I like bolt guns as they are a little more consistent and I don't have to worry about engaging the safety between movements.

The smallest target is typically the KYL rack 1/4 inch target at 50 yards, but you technically don't need to shoot it if they are doing a true KYL. Most targets are 2-4 moa and the farther out you go, the larger the target gets.

Below is my current rifle. I am currently in the process of building a similar setup but with a heavier barrel. Hopefully I'll have it ready for the next Mayberry match.

Attachments

• PXL_20240401_193813625~2.jpg
      PXL_20240401_193813625~2.jpg
      284.3 KB · Views: 12

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    There were a couple of things happening, but the main thing was lack of attendance due to announcing it a little late. There will be other matches this year.

As for what rifle to run, I would go with whatever you are most comfortable with. I do recommend a first focal plane scope with a reticle in it.

Personally, I like bolt guns as they are a little more consistent and I don't have to worry about engaging the safety between movements.

The smallest target is typically the KYL rack 1/4 inch target at 50 yards, but you technically don't need to shoot it if they are doing a true KYL. Most targets are 2-4 moa and the farther out you go, the larger the target gets.

Below is my current rifle. I am currently in the process of building a similar setup but with a heavier barrel. Hopefully I'll have it ready for the next Mayberry match.
    I like the tuner. I have a couple for larger caliber rifles and they definitely work. I need a better tripod, my current one is too flimsy to stay still for accuracy. There is a lot of money in that .22, nice rig. I felt like I did better with the semi auto. I don't have to lose my sight picture to cycle the rifle. I probably need to practice more so I don't come off the scope when running the bolt. FFP is pretty much necessary for the PRS stuff, you don't need to do any math with holdovers. When going back and forth from 200-300yds shots like they do at Mayberry sometimes it saves a lot of time not having to change magnification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom