• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Objee

Oct 3, 2013
    Submitted 7/27.
    Accepted 8/4.
    NICS 9/1.
    Approved 9/23.
    Permit in mailbox 10/1. (Informed delivery)

Accepted to Approved: 50 days.
    Submitted to Received: 66 days.

rhull1971

Jul 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    It's a renewal... but that shouldn't matter because all of the parameters were different this go 'round. Did not apply using business as "G&S". Self defense.
    It matters… MSP has separate procedures, time and guidelines for renewal. Hell, they might even have a separate set of personnel doing the renewals.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Hey, can't blame people for being pissed when it looks like you jumped the line.

The system was more or less figured out. Everyone knew what to expect. Then it all changed. Your numbers didn't make any sense. Doesn't mean you were lying. But I'm sure there was some "What the F" hurt feelings going on. There has been a lot of (emotional) investment in these numbers.

Laugh it off. Everyone will be happy before too long. Well...less unhappy anyhow.
    OK... so explain to me, exactly, how I could jump the line? I filled out an application just like everyone else. If the people that are twisted up were so inclined, they could've looked a few posts back to see that when I posted, it was posted as a RENEWAL. But NO... just toss that grenade... just words, right? Calling me a liar, and that's exactly what a few have done, and expect not to get a few words in return? That's not how I'm put together. Sad part is, most of the one's in a twist will be gone from this site as soon as their permit shows in the mail. Sure, a few will stick around to be a part of the best gun forum on the internet, but most will disappear.
    Just to be clear, I'm absolutely ecstatic that people are getting their permits, happy for each and every person to get to enjoy the Right to bear arms. Most, if not all, of these people have no idea of my history fighting for THEIR Right to carry a firearm for self-protection in this State.
    Rant... off.

BartExp

Ultimate Member
    OK... so explain to me, exactly, how I could jump the line? I filled out an application just like everyone else. If the people that are twisted up were so inclined, they could've looked a few posts back to see that when I posted, it was posted as a RENEWAL. But NO... just toss that grenade... just words, right? Calling me a liar, and that's exactly what a few have done, and expect not to get a few words in return? That's not how I'm put together. Sad part is, most of the one's in a twist will be gone from this site as soon as their permit shows in the mail. Sure, a few will stick around to be a part of the best gun forum on the internet, but most will disappear.
    Just to be clear, I'm absolutely ecstatic that people are getting their permits, happy for each and every person to get to enjoy the Right to bear arms. Most, if not all, of these people have no idea of my history fighting for THEIR Right to carry a firearm for self-protection in this State.
    Rant... off.
    I think you got everyone excited with your dates without mentioning it was a renewal. Clearly there is a different track for renewals.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I was recently called an "elitist" because I've been around a few days... and know a few things... those of us with a few whiskers didn't get to stick around so long because of "trolling"... Lotsa' folks gettin' their panties in a twist around here since Bruen... maybe they should think a bit before tossing grenades... maybe check a join date... I don't know... maybe I should step away for a bit and keep some of the shit that I know to myself... or... just shitpost... :shrug:

here ya' go...
    Submitted 8/27
    Accepted 8/27
    NICS 8/27
    Approved 8/27
    Rec'd in mail 8/27

YAY!!! me!!!!!
    I think a bike trip to OC is in order.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    This is pathetic. I saw Apple drive to the LD, sneak past security and go to a terminal, log into it and move his application ahead of 100 other people

Shame on him

ETA some of the people here newbs or not, need to think
    before they type

Sheesh

Now onto the banter thread

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I think a bike trip to OC is in order.
    Ireland... first.
    This is pathetic. I saw Apple drive to the LD, sneak past security and go to a terminal, log into it and move his application ahead of 100 other people

Shame on him

ETA some of the people here newbs or not, need to think
    before they type

Sheesh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Shhhh...

as for the ETA, yeah...

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    where did you check on it did you receive an email with that today section
    Go back to your application, select "print application", scan down to see if you have "Page 7 ( or more )....that page(s) will give you details of your "Approval".
    Then 4 to 5 days later, the CARD, and some MSP info will arrive in an envelope from
    USPS. If you have "USPS Informed Delivery" it will normally show when your MSP Letter should arrive. if you do not have Informed Delivery, go to www.usps.com
    and sign up.
    My apologies to experienced MDS folks keeping records, this question and reply should have been on the "BANTER" thread.

Last edited:

Dataluss

To KEEP and BEAR ARMS, Shall NOT be Infringed.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 9, 2022
    Owings Mills MD
    Moving along Progress:

Update for me and the 8/15'ers

Submitted------------ 8/10/2022
    Accepted--------------8/15/2022
    NICS DATE with #'s-
    -9/30/2022

5 days from Submitted to Accepted
    46 days from Accepted to NICS

{Print App Button
    } May have been there on 9/30, But I didn't look see until 10am 10/1 and it's dated 9/30/2022 :lol:

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Damn it... now I have to remember a new permit number. Just noticed on page 7.

WhiskeyHelps

Aug 17, 2022
    Eastern Shore
    Moving along Progress:

Update for me and the 8/15'ers

Submitted------------ 8/10/2022
    Accepted--------------8/15/2022
    NICS DATE with #'s-
    -9/30/2022

5 days from Submitted to Accepted
    46 days from Accepted to NICS

{Print App Button
    } May have been there on 9/30, But I didn't look see until 10am 10/1 and it's dated 9/30/2022 :lol:
    Hopefully 8/17 will be right behind ya

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom