Submitted 7-29
    Accepted 8-5
    Nics 9-13
    Approved 9-27 10:09am
    Card hopefully in 3 to 5 days

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    It would be helpful if people would only redact the last two digits of your permit number. The "hundreds" digit helps to see how many approvals are happening each day. If that is redacted we have to wait for 1,000 approvals to see a change.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    After reviewing the last few days of shared information on approvals, it looks like once you have your NICS date, it takes about 15-16 days to get your permit approval. But we are also entering the time when a wave of applications was submitted, so who knows if the NICS to Approval time frame will change or not.
    NICS has no real bearing on when you get approved. Some have had 2 NICS run prior to approval.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I do not recall seeing and 6 or 7 dates. Maybe it was because it was a Saturday and Sunday in early August so they were not "accepting" on weekends back then.
    Hence the reason it takes 3 to 4 days to approve one accept day now.
    Thye did do some acceptances on the weekends therre were a few 7/31 accepted. Luck of the draw.

USCG_Dave

Aug 14, 2022
    Abingdon
    After reviewing the last few days of shared information on approvals, it looks like once you have your NICS date, it takes about 15-16 days to get your permit approval. But we are also entering the time when a wave of applications was submitted, so who knows if the NICS to Approval time frame will change or not.
    Why do you assume there was a wave of applications submitted? Just curious

WhiskeyHelps

Aug 17, 2022
    Eastern Shore
    You're the first I have seen on this thread with accepted date after me (8/29). Keep us posted of when you get NICS. Still waiting on mine, feel like it will be Mid-Oct, and Halloween-ish approval?
    8/29 acceptance..unless MSP makes significant changes in how they process apps your looking at around 72 days for approval..according to the current trend of them taking 3 days to approve one acceptance date.. and they are currently approving 8/5s

USAF05

Just one more gun...
    Sep 26, 2022
    Andrews AF
    You're the first I have seen on this thread with accepted date after me (8/29). Keep us posted of when you get NICS. Still waiting on mine, feel like it will be Mid-Oct, and Halloween-ish approval?

Yes. Late to the party, I'm pretty patient though. Will update my post when I get movement.

TRON 2.0

Free light cycle rides
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 13, 2011
    PG county
    Why do you assume there was a wave of applications submitted? Just curious
    Way back when I started to follow this thread around the beginning of August. There was talk of all the classes ramping up and starting to submit applications. This was when everyone was reporting they had attended classes where they had 70-100+ students in them.

It was my understanding that many places were holding classes in June after the ruling, but end of June & beginning of August the class sizes spiked due to demand.

But that was just my understanding based on what was being discussed in this thread and other threads. I don't have any data to prove it.

jcarte29

Aug 29, 2022
    Charlotte, NC
    Way back when I started to follow this thread around the beginning of August. There was talk of all the classes ramping up and starting to submit applications. This was when everyone was reporting they had attended classes where they had 70-100+ students in them.

It was my understanding that many places were holding classes in June after the ruling, but end of June & beginning of August the class sizes spiked due to demand.

But that was just my understanding based on what was being discussed in this thread and other threads. I don't have any data to prove it.

There were over 55 participants in my class, which was completed over Zoom (Aug 20/21). Our trainers shared that future classes were continuing to fill up fast post Bruen. Good times for them right now (if not a bit hectic).

TRON 2.0

Free light cycle rides
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 13, 2011
    PG county
    There were over 55 participants in my class, which was completed over Zoom. Our trainers told us classes were continuing to fill up post Bruen. Good times for them right now (if not a bit hectic).
    How did you complete the range portion of the class if it was over zoom?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom