• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigTruck_ZeroF$$ks

Aug 9, 2022
    Baltimore
    7/21 accepted
    8/9 NICS
    8/26 Approved!!! Approved within the last hour. I expected the status to say “approved” and when it says “click here to see disposition status” - then I clicked on it, and at the bottom of the next page the first thing I saw was a red “click here to request an appeal” I about had a heart attack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I gave myself a little anxiety attack reading that. Lol congrats

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    7/21 accepted
    8/9 NICS
    8/26 Approved!!! Approved within the last hour. I expected the status to say “approved” and when it says “click here to see disposition status” - then I clicked on it, and at the bottom of the next page the first thing I saw was a red “click here to request an appeal” I about had a heart attack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lol, I think that happens to a lot of people.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    I am an 8/2 accepted. Can’t wait! 12 days away from approval. They need to get it down to it only taking a day for each day or they will get way behind eventually.
    You are not 12 days from approval lmao.

each "accepted day" is taking 2-3 calendar days... so probably a month and change.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    You are not 12 days from approval lmao.

each "accepted day" is taking 2-3 calendar days... so probably a month and change.
    I meant just 12 days from the day they are working on. However are people having their applications accepted 7 days a week? If not and say applications only accepted 6 days a week. Then I am 10 days away.

But we are looking at different metrics. Yes it will take another 20-30 days to process those 10-12 days.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    In that case they should be moving rather swiftly, because mine was accepted 7/28, NICS 8/24. By that logic, I should be approved next week. Not holding my breath though, lol.
    I was told MSP may not even check referances or your place of work. Realistically the NCIS is all that is really needed.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    At 2-3 days to process one days of accepted applications, eventually they will get so far behind that it will take well over 90 days from submitted to approved.

They are aware of that. Hope they add more people. I hope they don’t think that the number of daily submissions will decrease anytime soon.

If you can not process and Give final disposition on the same name of applications you receive a day, you will get behind.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If they still check these 17 databases for a 77r I’d bet they check these for permits as well. What else can explain the two weeks between NICS and permit approvals?

Sheer volume only?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 4A59AE4A-E138-4BD4-8518-A098512074AB.jpeg
      4A59AE4A-E138-4BD4-8518-A098512074AB.jpeg
      59.9 KB · Views: 137

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205