• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    NICS is the step between accepted and approved. Please see spreadsheet linked in my signature and under my avatar.

wcm250f

May 13, 2013
    Geared Up Firearms Training in Westminster. Although the class was at the VFW in Harney (just outside of Taneytown). Range time was at North Carroll Rod and Gun Club. Unlike most I’ve seen and read about, this class was only $200. Had I known when I signed up that it was that many people I’d have never done it. Other than the fingerprinting debacle and log jam at the quals range, I’d say it was a good class. We were given IMHO quality instruction (other than the ex-cop incorrectly instructing us on the legalities of handgun and ammo transport). I suffered thru it for the sake of the checkbox on my application.

I think they expanded the class size with good intentions due to the huge wave of demand. I seriously despise large crowds, the older I get then more anxiety I develop in huge crowds, and I’m glad it’s over. Had I not gotten fingerprinted that first day, or qualified day two, I’d be livid and destroying them, but in my limited “instruction course” experience I’d take other courses from them, just not that one. All the folks there involved seemed like good people.

While I’d never recommend anyone take their CCW class based solely on my experience, I’m not saying to ‘not’ take classes or do businesses with them, just investigate it for yourself before signing up, paying particular attention to class size of course.
    Curious on when your class with geared up was. I did their class and it was only about 30 people. For the most part I felt it was a good class and did like the folks at the shop.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

tlwatkinson

MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Is a NICS number with an issue date mean an application has been approved?
    The application originally has 6 pages. When it is finalized, it is changed to 7. Scroll down the application looking for Final Disposition. Hopefully it is approved.

Last edited:

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    It appears that if they did go Office Space on the printer, they found a replacement.

Looks like postmarked 9 Aug for delivery tomorrow. At least I know where $000.57 went from the application fee

Total Process Cycle Time
    Applied 7/5/22
    Accepted 7/13/22
    NICS 7/27/22
    Approved 8/3/22
    Mailed 8/9/22
    Received 8/11/22 (hopefully)
    Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 10.20.43 PM.png

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    It appears that if they did go Office Space on the printer, they found a replacement.

Looks like postmarked 9 Aug for delivery tomorrow. At least I know where $000.57 went from the application fee

Total Process Cycle Time
    Applied 7/5/22
    Accepted 7/13/22
    NICS 7/27/22
    Approved 8/3/22
    Mailed 8/9/22
    Received 8/11/22 (hopefully)
    View attachment 376038
    That does not look like post office postmark more like a pitney bowes or the like office based postage machine. 8/9 is the day it was run through the machine not necessarily when it hits the post office.

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    That does not look like post office postmark more like a pitney bowes or the like office based postage machine. 8/9 is the day it was run through the machine not necessarily when it hits the post office.
    Roger that then assuming it went out late yesterday or early today, it made it from Pikesville to St Marys county in a day for delivery tomorrow. Thats pretty darn good for USPS. Heck I've had mail from in the county, in the same zip code take a week before

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I too have a nice MSP delivery tomorrow

Submitted 7/6
    Accepted 7/13
    NICS 7/27
    Approved 8/3
    Mailed (or metered) 8/9
    Arrived 8/11
    You inspired me to check my informed delivery also, mine will be delivered tomorrow 8/11. Approved on 8/2

I checked too. Mine is in the mail for tomorrow. Approved 8/1.

Yep. Just checked usps and my 8/2 approval arrives tomorrow as well!
    Me too! Outstanding! Congrats gents

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    I guess we'll all now be henceforth and forever know as 8/11'ers
    Approved 8/3
    Permit in today's mail 8/11
    Me too! Outstanding! Congrats gents
    I checked too. Mine is in the mail for tomorrow. Approved 8/1.

Yep. Just checked usps and my 8/2 approval arrives tomorrow as well!

I too have a nice MSP delivery tomorrow

Submitted 7/6
    Accepted 7/13
    NICS 7/27
    Approved 8/3
    Mailed (or metered) 8/9
    Arrived 8/11

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member