• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I got approved on 8/1 and still no card. I called the wear and carry office today and Trooper Lee said it's 5-7 business days. She didn't specify if that's how long it takes to send it or that's the timeframe in which you will receive it. Eather way it should be any day now.
    My guess is they are not dropping them in the mail every day, my guess is they may drop them in the mail twice a week which explains the the 5-7 business days.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Everybody's wondering why the cards seem to have stopped getting mailed out.
    Very simple, the Trooper that usuall y picks up the stamps from the Post Office is on vacation.
    They'll catch up as soon as he gets back.

EXIT WOUND

Sep 22, 2011
    Application submitted on 07/17/22
    Accepted on 07/19/22
    NICS number issued on 08/04/22
    And the wait continues......

LoneWolf123

MDS Supporter
    Jul 17, 2022
    Maryland
    Anyone find it funny that as they seemed to be getting a groove they suddenly have printer issues.

Must be a complete morale killer for them…

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    They probably ran out of blank permits, laminating film, ink for the printer, or something broke because the last people to get a card in the mail were those approved on or before 8/1.

Approved 8/2
    Permit received........???

Still counting the days. 6 Business Days and 8 Calendar Days as of mail delivery today.

It appears that actual permits (you have to have it in hand to be valid) are no longer being issued.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I applied on 7/17/22 as well.
    Accepted on 7/28/22
    No NICS as of yet...

I know there has to be some reason to this madness.

I share the same dates as you and Larry.

They probably ran out of blank permits, laminating film, ink for the printer, or something broke because the last people to get a card in the mail were those approved on or before 8/1.

Approved 8/2
    Permit received........???

Still counting the days. 6 Business Days and 8 Calendar Days as of mail delivery today.

It appears that actual permits (you have to have it in hand to be valid) are no longer being issued.

Printing was alluded to as a possible choke point in the operation in the Zoom call with 1st Sgt. Pickle last week.

I'm reminded of a joke from the mini-series Chernobyl, told by a Russian: What's as big as a house, consumes 20 liters of fuel an hour, makes a shitload of smoke and noise, and prints out three carry permits per hour cuts an apple into three pieces?

A Russian machine designed to print four permits per hour cut an apple into four pieces!

LoneWolf123

MDS Supporter
    Jul 17, 2022
    Maryland
    1st SGT Pickle should have an account on here and a dedicated place to post messages to us. So we can be the de facto forum for the state police to pass information besides their website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom