• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    Folks... Need some input.

I applied for my MD WC on 8/13. I received a letter from Public Safety/Correctional informing me that they had received a request for any records based on my prints and would be forwarding anything to the agency that had requested that, All good there....

When I looked at the letter, it had my name, dob, and gender listed. Now here's my problem. It had my gender listed as F. I double checked my application from 8/13 and it's clearly marked as M.

Who can I contact to get this corrected from the Pub Safety/Correctional dept or is this something I even need to worry about? It seems whoever submitted my prints did a typo...

BTW here's my app info so far.

WCP
    App#: 23HGP0710xx
    Submitted - 8/13/23
    Accepted - 8/18/23
    ... on 8/18 I got an email stating there was an issue with my application and it needed correction. I had attached the WC Class certificate, when what they wanted was my Range Score. I fixed that issue and within 2 hours it went to Accepted Status. Assuming the F Print thing isn't an issue, I guess it's now just a matter of waiting.

Thanks!

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    It looks like the number of applications is still strong. For you guys who recently applied, was it hard finding a class or were they booked out far?

I wasn't even looking for a CCW, but I saw a news clip about how fees were going up on 10/1. That was on 8/11. I checked a few places and the 3rd place I called had an opening for that weekends class (8/12-8/13), so I took it. The instructor had papers out for 16 people and only 11 of were there.

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    WCP
    Submitted - 8/13/23
    Accepted - 8/18/23
    ... on 8/18 I got an email stating there was an issue with my application and it needed correction. I had attached the WC Class certificate, when what they wanted was my Range Score. I fixed that issue and within 2 hours it went to Accepted Status. Assuming the F Print thing isn't an issue, I guess it's now just a matter of waiting.
    NICS - 8/23/23
    Assigned to Investigator - never done.
    Approved - 9/22/2023

Last edited:

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    WCP
    Submitted - 8/13/23
    Accepted - 8/18/23
    NICS - 8/23/23
    Throwing in my prediction that you'll be good at the end of september.

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    Throwing in my prediction that you'll be good at the end of september.
    Thanks!

BTW, do you know where the date appears for when/if it gets assigned to an investigator? Also is the NICS date when they request the NICS info or when it comes back? I figure with NICS it comes back the same day, but knowing NICS data being returned can take days or I think up to 30 days, I'm just wondering which date they use.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    Thanks!

BTW, do you know where the date appears for when/if it gets assigned to an investigator? Also is the NICS date when they request the NICS info or when it comes back? I figure with NICS it comes back the same day, but knowing NICS data being returned can take days or I think up to 30 days, I'm just wondering which date they use.
    I'm the worst to use as an example. I was assigned an investigator late (like day 40 or something) and then was approved a day and a half later lol. The NICS date will be in teh dashboard when you hit 'download application' and you'll see it at the top of the PDF you download. I have no idea to which actual date in the process that it correlates to. I'm not sure anyone does.

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    In my process my “nics” date and “assigned to” were the same date 8/2/23 and I’ve not received any further emails and check the dashboard on the portal every evening and nothing new since.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Consistently, since last July, the only two dates that matter for tracking are “accepted” and “approved”. Currently, it has been running about 45 days. If you add 45 to your accepted date, you will be very close.

All of the other dates vary, sometimes significantly.

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    App#: 23HGP00637XX
    Submit: 7/14/2023 1247
    Accepted: 7/27/2023 0940
    NICS: 8/2/23
    Assigned: 8/2/23 0719 AOII CORDELLA LOWRY
    Approved: 8/30/23 1510
    In Hand:
    Permit #: 23HGP-1833XX
    References contacted: NO

got an email 1510 today from MSP HGPnotifications….it read like a credit card denial lol ..went to the portal and it said I was approved. I went to the application and printed it out and on the “final disposition” section under permit restrictions ….it said “none(md only)(not valid where firearmsare prohibited by law)“ ….does everyone’s say that? Seems odd to put “none” then “md only” so does that mean that I cannot carry in a state that honors a Md permit? Seems like a restriction to me‍♂️

Last edited:

#1sleeper

Aug 25, 2023
    Baltimore md
    In Hand:

got an email 1510 today from MSP HGPnotifications….it read like a credit card denial lol ..went to the portal and it said I was approved. I went to the application and printed it out and on the “final disposition” section under permit restrictions ….it said “none(md only)(not valid where firearmsare prohibited by law)“ ….does everyone’s say that? Seems odd to put “none” then “md only” so does that mean that I cannot carry in a state that honors a Md permit? Seems like a restriction to me‍♂️
    Yeah mine says that

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    Mine was accepted 7/17, nics 7/29. Approved 8/24. I never saw anything about who it was assigned to along the way. 23hgp-1821xx
    Mine was listed in the email notification for the status change…never showed up in the dashboard anywhere

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I don’t recall the date, but they will no longer print that on your permit per an amended law. It might be Oct. 1. You can pay a small fee and they will remove it

Maybe SB1

Last edited:

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Yeah mine says that
    In Hand:

look way upthread, they all say that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    FullBackBob

Latest threads

Top Bottom