• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    There is literally 0.000 reasons to require a card. Your ID, picture, and prints are on file.

safegunners

Aug 21, 2016
    Smithsburg MD
    180 in mine, 7/23 and 7/24. No that wasn’t a good experience whatsoever. About half the class didn’t get to qualify on day 2, they had to return the following weekend. Same amount of folks got screwed out of the fingerprinting service as well, and had to pursue that separately as well. Too many damn people.

180 people in a class is irresponsible, did they offer it at a discount due to the volume of students? I can’t see how this would have been an effective training event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    180 people in a class is irresponsible, did they offer it at a discount due to the volume of students? I can’t see how this would have been an effective training event.

Some of theses class providers are seeing this wave as an excuse to print money so to speak. 180 x $400 is $72000 for a 2 day course

safegunners

Aug 21, 2016
    Smithsburg MD
    Some of theses class providers are seeing this wave as an excuse to print money so to speak. 180 x $400 is $72000 for a 2 day course

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to want to make a profit but your taking it to a whole new level when you cram 180 people into a course and then charging the top rate. My courses are at $299 and I’m
    Considering dropping prices to a lower rate.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    180 in mine, 7/23 and 7/24. No that wasn’t a good experience whatsoever. About half the class didn’t get to qualify on day 2, they had to return the following weekend. Same amount of folks got screwed out of the fingerprinting service as well, and had to pursue that separately as well. Too many damn people.
    Out them

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I don’t think it’s unreasonable to want to make a profit but your taking it to a whole new level when you cram 180 people into a course and then charging the top rate. My courses are at $299 and I’m
    Considering dropping prices to a lower rate.

I am not against making a profit. But when places are taking in classes 40+ and charging $400 a head that is extreme, at a certain point it is all profit. I have been told, unverified, there is an instructor charging $3700 for a W&C class.

safegunners

Aug 21, 2016
    Smithsburg MD
    I am not against making a profit. But when places are taking in classes 40+ and charging $400 a head that is extreme, at a certain point it is all profit. I have been told, unverified, there is an instructor charging $3700 for a W&C class.

Agreed, before the recent surge my price was at $299 I temporarily bumped it up to $349 but then dropped it back down to my original price of $299.

I am evaluating where to set a lower price and want to create a long term relationship with the people we train.

Feb 8, 2019
    Thought my wait was over when I got my approval on 8/2 but it looks like they completely stopped sending cards around for that time.
    I got approved on 8/1 and still no card. I called the wear and carry office today and Trooper Lee said it's 5-7 business days. She didn't specify if that's how long it takes to send it or that's the timeframe in which you will receive it. Eather way it should be any day now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom