• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    Newcomers to the HGP process would gain a greater understanding of the system by reviewing the beginning of the Tracking thread. Skimming the first 100 pages will provide an insight into the process, the meaning of the various components, how to find information, and which dates are important. (You don’t need to read each post. The important information is easy to spot.)

As with learning about the history of anything, some investment of time in reading/researching is key.
    AMEN!

Manimjonesin

Oct 9, 2022
    Salisbury
    Md Permit
    Submitted: 11/28
    Accepted: 12/7
    NCIS: 1/4
    Approved:1/21
    In hand: 1/26

PA Permit
    Applied: 1/23
    Approved: 1/26
    In hand: 1/26

Just thought the comparison would make people happy lol.

coltguy

Dec 6, 2017
    Maryland is really weird. No really think this out. You need a card, HQL to purchase a handgun, OK. After puchase fill out online a 77R. After that you have to wait 7 days to pick it up. So now you go through all the cost and time to get the credentals to have a 'wear and carry' permit. When you get it you still have to go through the process of HQL, 77R to purchase another handgun, then wait 7 days even though you have a 'wear and carry' permit and have a gun concealed on you when you go in to purchase your new handgun. Sorry this total BS and needs to be addressed by our State to take all of this foolishness away. BTW, 30 days out on my application for a "wear and carry".

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Maryland is really weird. No really think this out. You need a card, HQL to purchase a handgun, OK. After puchase fill out online a 77R. After that you have to wait 7 days to pick it up. So now you go through all the cost and time to get the credentals to have a 'wear and carry' permit. When you get it you still have to go through the process of HQL, 77R to purchase another handgun, then wait 7 days even though you have a 'wear and carry' permit and have a gun concealed on you when you go in to purchase your new handgun. Sorry this total BS and needs to be addressed by our State to take all of this foolishness away. BTW, 30 days out on my application for a "wear and carry".
    Hey preacher, meet choir....

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Maryland is really weird. No really think this out. You need a card, HQL to purchase a handgun, OK. After puchase fill out online a 77R. After that you have to wait 7 days to pick it up. So now you go through all the cost and time to get the credentals to have a 'wear and carry' permit. When you get it you still have to go through the process of HQL, 77R to purchase another handgun, then wait 7 days even though you have a 'wear and carry' permit and have a gun concealed on you when you go in to purchase your new handgun. Sorry this total BS and needs to be addressed by our State to take all of this foolishness away.
    There are some cynics who believe there is intent behind all this; others prefer to believe it to be sheer stupidity.

Personally, I believe it accurately reflects the beliefs and intelligence level of the average Maryland voter.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    On top of that, if you buy a handgun, you have to wait 30 days to be able to buy another. Shall not be infringed?????

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    So why does your HGP expire on the month before you submitted your app and not based off the month it got approved? You pay for a 2 year permit that in my case is good for 22 months.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    So why does your HGP expire on the month before you submitted your app and not based off the month it got approved? You pay for a 2 year permit that in my case is good for 22 months.
    It should expire end of your birth month following 2 years.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    As FrankZ posted, you should get 24 months and expire on last day of birth month.

From your posts, I assume your birth month is November. If you were approved in January 2023, your expiration should be November 2025. (An 11 month bonus.)

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I keep checking the status and see “application accepted” and in my mind for a split second I see “application approved”. Hugely disappointing to have reality set in…

BelAirSteve

Apr 17, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I already had my HQL in place, so when I applied for the W&C, it was almost exactly 60 days to get approved after I submitted the application online. Happy to see that others are getting approved quicker.

EHS1976

Mar 28, 2013
    USA
    Looking at the application progress thread, the processing times seem to be all over the place. Could this be because the renewal application times differ from the "new" application times (i.e., renewals probably take less time to process)? Should the tracking spreadsheet be revised to differentiate between renewal applications and new applications?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom