• hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    316946642_10226226515002764_2829056420968445063_n.jpg

FZRracer400!

Nov 8, 2022
    RIP MD.
    But if I forget my wallet, or have it stolen, it's not a freaking felony. Driving without your license is a fine.
    You won't be arrested. You won't go to jail. You won't lose your right to own or operate a motor vehicle for the rest of your life.

If you happen to forget your wallet one day, and get caught carrying, you are going to be in serious trouble. You will face jail time. You WILL become a prohibited person, unable to legally possess a firearm for the rest of your life. Does that make any sense?

Remember, you forget your driver's license, and the LEO should be able to sort it out right there and send you on your way with a fine. Forget, or lose, your W&C permit, and you're going to jail in handcuffs, even though they can just as easily confirm that you do indeed have a valid permit.

This is completely unreasonable.

I said I would be okay with a fine for forgetting your wallet or otherwise not having the permit. I'm really NOT okay with that, but I wouldn't be kvetching about it if that were the case.

Bearing arms is a fundamental civil right, unlike driving. Even being required to have a permit on file somewhere is an infringement. But to be required to ALWAYS have that permit on your person or be guilty of a significant PROHIBITING crime is a serious bit of unnecessary bureaucratic tyranny.

Remember, the LEO can confirm that you have a permit within minutes. There's no reason for this.
    Yep.

dan.sarv

Lex talionis.
    Jul 16, 2020
    Maryland
    how do you refresh this thread? I catgut past page 208 on Dec. 1st.

I suspect you’re looking for this thread…

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    What the heck MSP? I sighed up for the MSP special, you know, buy a HGP and get a HQL for free. I did and as soon as I got my HGP, went to redeam my free HQL. I applied and it's been over a week and no free HQL number! I pay taxes for this?!?!

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Saw on Ch 2 news Jan 17
    663201cefd14e63f562caa627d6d2d61.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    It is actually more than their graph indicates. In the first six months of 2022 pre Bruen there were about 7,000 permits issued and in the six months post Bruen over 80,000 permits were issued.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    What the heck MSP? I sighed up for the MSP special, you know, buy a HGP and get a HQL for free. I did and as soon as I got my HGP, went to redeam my free HQL. I applied and it's been over a week and no free HQL number! I pay taxes for this?!?!
    Sorry to hear.
    I got mine within 24 hours. :shrug:

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Newcomers to the HGP process would gain a greater understanding of the system by reviewing the beginning of the Tracking thread. Skimming the first 100 pages will provide an insight into the process, the meaning of the various components, how to find information, and which dates are important. (You don’t need to read each post. The important information is easy to spot.)

As with learning about the history of anything, some investment of time in reading/researching is key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom