• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DFresh64

KnuklDragr
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2022
    AA County
    I'm certain this has been asked 1,485 times but I am asking again to make it 1,486...
    A buddy of mine took HQL class, it is still showing "pending" and the class was done around the 8th of October.
    MSP completed some of the list around the 26th of October but some of the other items on checking are still showing "incomplete"
    My question is (since I am helping him) does this time frame seem off by quite a bit?

Attachments

• IMG_4701.jpg
      IMG_4701.jpg
      81.7 KB · Views: 109

FZRracer400!

Nov 8, 2022
    RIP MD.
    I signed up for the mail notification as per Ruby’s suggestion. Received an email showing my permit coming today………..but as per usual no usps delivery today. Unless they’ve done like they do so often and delivered to a wrong address. Ongoing issue around here for nearly 12 years and our mail:mad54:

FZRracer400!

Nov 8, 2022
    RIP MD.
    I signed up for the mail notification as per Ruby’s suggestion. Received an email showing my permit coming today………..but as per usual no usps delivery today. Unless they’ve done like they do so often and delivered to a wrong address. Ongoing issue around here for nearly 12 years and our mail:mad54:
    edit: per eruby’s suggestion

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I know there have been many explanations for how to get the HQL after W&C approval, but I can't find one.

Can someone provide a simple link?

Not the MSI site. It's useless.

I know it has been explained several times in this very thread. Can some merciful soul link to one of those posts?

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    I know there have been many explanations for how to get the HQL after W&C approval, but I can't find one.

Can someone provide a simple link?

Not the MSI site. It's useless.

I know it has been explained several times in this very thread. Can some merciful soul link to one of those posts?
    Here is a direct link to the MSI HQL instructions. The screen shot in the instructions shows what menu options to select. The other questions are self explanatory. You will have to create a new login for the HQL portal, which you access through the licensing portal you used for your HGP application.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I finally got it. Thanks.

The key was, you have to create a whole new account over there, after you're already signed in to your existing account.

LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson
    Sometime it takes 2-3 days after the scheduled delivery date.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Probably from the law offices of Dewey, Cheatum, and How.
    Hearing these words again brings back great memories of Saturday mornings in the car, taking my late Mom grocery shopping. How she used to laugh at the banter between Tom and Ray. RIP Mom and Tom. You may be gone, but you are never forgotten.

Cal68

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    My permit was approved this past Wed. Still waiting for the card. I can't imagine the stress someone who had direct threats goes through in waiting for the crowns blessing to actually carry.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The requirement to have the actual card on your person is ridiculous; certainly the penalty for not having it is excessive. I could see a $50 or even $100 fine- civil, not criminal.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    update , got got the " review of your handgun permit " email at 6: 30 last night , went on the portal today " APPROVED ! " and yes i'm shouting it , LOL . now just waiting on snail mail . sept. 19 for the submital , 21st for accepted , 61 days total so far .
    new update , recieved both my and the wife's carry permits in today's mail , 68 days total . my permit number is 949xx, so much for no interest , lol .

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    You carry your drivers license when you drive don't you?
    But if I forget my wallet, or have it stolen, it's not a freaking felony. Driving without your license is a fine.
    You won't be arrested. You won't go to jail. You won't lose your right to own or operate a motor vehicle for the rest of your life.

If you happen to forget your wallet one day, and get caught carrying, you are going to be in serious trouble. You will face jail time. You WILL become a prohibited person, unable to legally possess a firearm for the rest of your life. Does that make any sense?

Remember, you forget your driver's license, and the LEO should be able to sort it out right there and send you on your way with a fine. Forget, or lose, your W&C permit, and you're going to jail in handcuffs, even though they can just as easily confirm that you do indeed have a valid permit.

This is completely unreasonable.

I said I would be okay with a fine for forgetting your wallet or otherwise not having the permit. I'm really NOT okay with that, but I wouldn't be kvetching about it if that were the case.

Bearing arms is a fundamental civil right, unlike driving. Even being required to have a permit on file somewhere is an infringement. But to be required to ALWAYS have that permit on your person or be guilty of a significant PROHIBITING crime is a serious bit of unnecessary bureaucratic tyranny.

Remember, the LEO can confirm that you have a permit within minutes. There's no reason for this.

Bigsawer

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2017
    Cecil
    Wife and I took the class together, submitted and were accepted at the same time. I believe her email of approval was a few hours before mine on the same day. Her card came in the mail today. Mine is not here. In 2018, her HQL arrived a week before mine did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom