• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AR10 USMC3058

Oct 6, 2022
    Whiteford
    Have a question got denied the middle of last month have informal hearing on 15 October, but received an email after I set the time and date for informal for stating application has changed from application approved to assign to an investigator. Any ideas? I had a verbal assault charge 40 years ago and it was expunged sent in paperwork on Expungement. Would this mean that I am approved? After the outcome of the investigator ?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Have a question got denied the middle of last month have informal hearing on 15 October, but received an email after I set the time and date for informal for stating application has changed from application approved to assign to an investigator. Any ideas? I had a verbal assault charge 40 years ago and it was expunged sent in paperwork on Expungement. Would this mean that I am approved? After the outcome of the investigator ?
    Did they request the paperwork or did you voluntarily send it in with your initial application?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I sent it in after it was denied when I check case search there was nothing under my name,
    Seems to me a lot of the process is a "check the box" process for the processors. My guess is this is a standard thing where an actual Trooper needs to "sign off on it". You're gonna be good is my guess.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Might be better than asking random people on the internet to contact the investigator assigned and ask them.

Jblake5151

Sep 25, 2022
    Finksburg MD
    I just got my permit and am now filing for my HQL. I went through and put in my permit number and now it’s asking me to upload a document. Douse anyone know what document it’s asking for?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I just got my permit and am now filing for my HQL. I went through and put in my permit number and now it’s asking me to upload a document. Douse anyone know what document it’s asking for?
    You may have launched the HQL app using the wrong link. You want the exempt process. It'll ask you for your W&C permit number along with basic vitals, and you're done.

Jblake5151

Sep 25, 2022
    Finksburg MD
    You may have launched the HQL app using the wrong link. You want the exempt process. It'll ask you for your W&C permit number along with basic vitals, and you're done.
    Ia it HQL training exempt or HQL exempt?

Applicant3467

BANNED!!!
    Oct 6, 2022
    Mount Airy, MD
    seen it quite a few times since august while following this thread. I've seen their number show up one day and date stay the same but we've also heard of the nics date changing after getting a number.

As far as why i dont believe it was ever solved but you shouldn't worry.
    Thank you, LuckyShot. I just got NICS number assigned and NICS date changed from 10/03 to 10/07.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Make sure you select HGP exempt and NOT training exempt. When I did mine, I initially selected training exempt and when I was presented with the upload screen, I backed up and found my mistake. After selecting HGP exempt it didn’t request any document upload.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom