• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Anyone have any idea what might have changed? Could this have anything to do with MSP looking into some shady instructors? Some apps getting set aside maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No one here has admitted to working for the licensing folks, so we don't have any direct intelligence. We can only look at the data and speculate. So lots of ideas. No way of knowing if any of those ideas are right, thoughl

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    The dates today threw me off big time but got me excited to possibly see my wait time cut in half.
    Maybe the new hires finished all their training videos and are approving? lmao

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Anyone have any idea what might have changed? Could this have anything to do with MSP looking into some shady instructors? Some apps getting set aside maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**Pure Speculation**
    If we keep seeing several different acceptance days getting approved, maybe MSP has started assigning all applications accepted on a certain day to a single individual.
    One reviewer gets all the 8/6s, another gets all 8/7s, and so on down the line.
    Individual days will take longer to get through, but you can be working on several dates at once. Again, just a thought.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    **Pure Speculation**
    If we keep seeing several different acceptance days getting approved, maybe MSP has started assigning all applications accepted on a certain day to a single individual.
    One reviewer gets all the 8/6s, another gets all 8/7s, and so on down the line.
    Individual days will take longer to get through, but you can be working on several dates at once. Again, just a thought.
    I was getting ready to post the same speculation. Instead of all the investigators working on the same accepted date maybe they assign one investigator to one accepted date. As good a guess as any other at this point. Although I don't see how dividing the same amount of work differently between the same amount of people will speed things up.

If that is what is happening it looks like there are 6 investigators (six dates) working on approvals.

DFresh64

KnuklDragr
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2022
    AA County
    8/1 Submitted
    8/8 Accepted
    9/16 NICS (no notifications)

Not a word since.. nadda

Needless to say it gets a little frustrating seeing others with dates after mine getting approved already after all this time following this with MSP only going in order by accepted date.

Radio Silence

Aug 24, 2022
    Cecil County
    8/1 Submitted
    8/8 Accepted

Not a word since.. nadda

Needless to say it gets a little frustrating seeing others with dates after mine getting approved already after all this time following this with MSP only going in order by accepted date.
    Right there with you. I'm 8/9 acceptance.

Viper385

Jan 17, 2018
    8/1 Submitted
    8/8 Accepted

Not a word since.. nadda

Be interesting to see with yours...I think we are pretty much on the same time line:

Submitted 8/1
    Accepted 8/8
    NICS 9/16 (Also received email that it was assigned an investigator that day)

Nothing else at this point. Interesting to hear some with 8/9 and 8/10 accepted are getting their approvals. My guess is its just a slight difference in the speed that the individual investigators are processing the applications they have been assigned.

Radio Silence

Aug 24, 2022
    Cecil County
    Be interesting to see with yours...I think we are pretty much on the same time line:

Submitted 8/1
    Accepted 8/8

Nothing else at this point. Interesting to hear some with 8/9 and 8/10 accepted are getting their approvals. My guess is its just a slight difference in the speed that the individual investigators are processing the applications they have been assigned.
    My father in law applied the same day as me but roughly 10 hours later. His NICS was assigned 2 days after mine. We have the same 8/2 submitted and 8/9 accepted. He was approved yesterday so MSP's "order in which they are received" is now out the window.

DFresh64

KnuklDragr
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2022
    AA County

Submitted 8/1
    Accepted 8/8

I never got any email saying NICS was done or investigator assignment or anything.
    I've gotten a total of 2 emails. One was submitted and other was accepted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom