• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I at some point came across a lovely graph with estimates on time frames throughout the process I, however, cant seem to find it can anyone point me in the direction of that? I figured I would post this here so I did not get yelled at in capital letters, thanks
    Boondock Saint was the member crunching the numbers. After he retired another member took over his spreadsheet but only posted one update to one of the charts. Here is a link to the spreadsheet, the chart is on the second page:

Here is a link to his last post that showed the data from the beginning in chart form:

Some earlier posts had the approvals shown per day instead of per week and some later posts had charts of more recent data but the charts had some early data truncated for clarity.

Last edited:

Meise

Aug 19, 2022
    Maryland
    Boondock Saint was the member crunching the numbers. After he retired another member took over his spreadsheet but only posted one update to one of the charts. Here is a link to the spreadsheet, the chart is on the second page:

Here is a link to his last post that showed the data from the beginning in chart form:

Some earlier posts had the approvals shown per day instead of per week and some later posts had charts of more recent data but the charts had some early data truncated for clarity.

Submitted 7/31
    Accepted 8/8
    NICS 9/15
    Approved TBD

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I've already been waiting a long time. This will seem like nothing. :beer:
    When we have been waiting for SHALL issue for years a few months seems like nothing. Like waiting for your once in a lifetime Garand from the DCM or a 1911 from the CMP. The grasshoppers need to learn patience.

"Patience (or forbearance) is the ability to endure difficult circumstances. Patience may involve perseverance in the face of delay; tolerance of provocation without responding in disrespect/anger;[1] or forbearance when under strain, especially when faced with longer-term difficulties, or being able to wait for a long amount of time without getting irritated or bored. Patience is the level of endurance one can have before disrespect."

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    20000 issued give or take 100 or so based on my number and todays numbers

Does not count permits existing prior to Bruen

Rec 7-20 464xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    What is your Accepted date?

They are currently approving applications accepted on 8/4 so count the number of days from 8/4 to whatever your accepted date is and multiply the number of days by 3 and you will have an estimate of how long before your approval +/- .

I do not understand your formula. Are you saying they're about to slow way down? What is this multiplying by three?

8/4 to today is 54 days, or about 7 1/2 weeks. If they keep that rate, someone who's accepted today will get their permit in perhaps 8 weeks or so, around mid-November.

But who knows if they'll speed up or slow down? Perhaps the bulk of the initial rush to apply is winding down, allowing them to start processing more quickly. Or perhaps they'll decide to milk it out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom