• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThisOrThat

Aug 6, 2020
    So I have a question, in order to avoid a potential delay is it possible to upload something to MSP prior to them asking for it? I believe the score sheet wasn't a very good image and before they get to me I wanted to maybe send a image that is much clearer. Keep in mind I was accepted on 8/8
    Any advice helpful
    Thanks
    I would believe that your acceptance would say that your documentation is fine.

DFresh64

KnuklDragr
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2022
    AA County
    I would believe that your acceptance would say that your documentation is fine.

Ok thanks, reason I question it is I've seen here where others were "accepted" and then after the fact had to resend other documents.
    I wanted to get ahead of it and see if there is a way to go ahead and send before they ask but I do not see any way to do it on dashboard or HGP portion.

Randyinsomd

Aug 22, 2022
    Waldorf
    Submitted 7/29
    Accepted 8/5
    Investigator 9/12
    Nics 9/12
    Approved 9/26 15:10.

Looked at the portal still showed investigator, back out saw I had a e mail notification. Hate that dot showing on my phone went to clear it and it was the disposition notice. Couldn’t sig back in fast enough.

DFresh64

KnuklDragr
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2022
    AA County
    Since there won't be very many MD-approved trainers outside of Maryland, it might be easier to book the W&C class with a trainer in MD that also does the livescan prints on the spot as part of the class. Two birds, one stone and whatnot.

Yea what he said !!

lapolapo

Sep 17, 2022
    I signed up for informed delivery with the usps last Thursday. I was approved 9/20 and was getting antsy seeing several 8/3 accepted individuals already receiving their lic in the mail. Today I was informed by the service that I would receive my cjis letter and 3 more pieces of mail. Check mail box and no cjis just the other 3 letters... I do not trust the usps and it is my belief that we should be able to pick up our permit at the msp station. Ok rant over.

DFresh64

KnuklDragr
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2022
    AA County
    Has anyone been "accepted" Aug 6th or 7th ?
    I've seen a great deal of 4 and 5s but not sure I've seen one 6 or 7th
    Those were Saturday and Sunday days so not sure if that made a difference back in early August.
    Asking because I am 8th acceptance of course.

2A1X5

May 3, 2017
    I was an 8/5 accepted. Got my approved today (9/26). Now to wait for my papers. Bought a P356 just for carry. They had a decent sale on base a couple months ago.

2A1X5

May 3, 2017
    Those were Saturday and Sunday days so not sure if that made a difference back in early August.
    8/5 accepted, approved today 9/26

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    I signed up for informed delivery with the usps last Thursday. I was approved 9/20 and was getting antsy seeing several 8/3 accepted individuals already receiving their lic in the mail. Today I was informed by the service that I would receive my cjis letter and 3 more pieces of mail. Check mail box and no cjis just the other 3 letters... I do not trust the usps and it is my belief that we should be able to pick up our permit at the msp station. Ok rant over.
    My informed delivery told me I had the CJIS letter one day last week and it never arrived in my mailbox. I've heard this a few times now. What the heck! I'd be pissed if the permit got lost.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Posted full stats on tracking page, but just because: Accepted 8/5 and Approved 9/26.

There. Done. So long as it doesn't get lost in the mail I'm a happy camper.

DK04

Sep 9, 2022
    Fredrick
    I was accepted on 8/7

Whynotcows123

MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2022
    Maryland
    I at some point came across a lovely graph with estimates on time frames throughout the process I, however, cant seem to find it can anyone point me in the direction of that? I figured I would post this here so I did not get yelled at in capital letters, thanks

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    I at some point came across a lovely graph with estimates on time frames throughout the process I, however, cant seem to find it can anyone point me in the direction of that? I figured I would post this here so I did not get yelled at in capital letters, thanks
    The person who was keeping track of that stopped shortly after acquiring their permit. Cant really blame him. Someone else was supposed to carry that torch but I havn't seen it as of late.

Wait times are increasing the later and later you submit. The july accepted guys all had theirs by 40 days or less. I'm going on 43 and dont have nics but I know i'm up next.

We were only on 8/4's for 2-2.5 days. If we continue to stay on 2 days per accepted day it will help considering everyone said count for 3 per accepted.

Whynotcows123

MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2022
    Maryland
    The person who was keeping track of that stopped shortly after acquiring their permit. Cant really blame him. Someone else was supposed to carry that torch but I havn't seen it as of late.

Wait times are increasing the later and later you submit. The july accepted guys all had theirs by 40 days or less. I'm going on 43 and dont have nics but I know i'm up next.

We were only on 8/4's for 2-2.5 days. If we continue to stay on 2 days per accepted day it will help considering everyone said count for 3 per accepted.
    Thank you for the reply I can't say I blame the fella either I am an 8/8 accepted so I know I am getting close and the anticipation is killing me. Bought the handgun I have with the intention of carrying it one day just never thought I would see that day... as long as I am an MD resident that is.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    Thank you for the reply I can't say I blame the fella either I am an 8/8 accepted so I know I am getting close and the anticipation is killing me. Bought the handgun I have with the intention of carrying it one day just never thought I would see that day... as long as I am an MD resident that is.
    They started 8/5's today in the afternoon so they'll be done with them by WED. Breeze by the weekend accepted group if there even was one that early in AUG and by the end of the week you could have your approval.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom