• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I applied 2 hours after Bruen was issued. Had my permit in 27 days.

Not rubbin it In just sayin’

Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lapolapo

Sep 17, 2022
    FWIW, Mrs Occam just got her CJIS letter (asserting they're pretty sure she's not a criminal, which just shows you what a shrewd, careful criminal she actually is) - over a week after getting the permit approval. That "we've passed your prints along to the requesting party, and we don't find you're a criminal" letter seems to be issued at an utterly random pace. Now we'll see if she gets two of them, which I for some reason did on my first go-round some years back.
    Looks like my cjis is in the mail one week after approval also... has she already received lic in mail?

2ndamendrytes

Sep 15, 2019
    Submitted- 7/18
    App- 22HGPO445XX
    Shortages- 7/28
    Resubmit- 7/29
    Accepted- 8/5
    NICS- 9/12
    Approved- 9/26 1:52pm
    Permit number- 22HGP-0647XX

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Looks like my cjis is in the mail one week after approval also... has she already received lic in mail?
    Yes indeed. Her card came in the mail about five postal days from her getting her approval email heads up. The CJIS letter showed up another week later.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Does anyone know if Maryland has nonresident CCW permits?
    They don't care where you live. But you have to have your 16 hour class under someone explicitly approved by the MSP, and I believe your prints have to be taken at a livescan place in the state. You're also required to get one of those t-shirts with a crab on it, decorated in the pattern of the MD state flag, and wear it every Saturday for the first two years of your permit. After you renew, you can go back to wearing what you like.

One of the things above isn't true. But it's Maryland, so it may not be the one you think.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I think MSP still allows paper cards for non residents but could be wrong
    Since there won't be very many MD-approved trainers outside of Maryland, it might be easier to book the W&C class with a trainer in MD that also does the livescan prints on the spot as part of the class. Two birds, one stone and whatnot.

DFresh64

KnuklDragr
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2022
    AA County
    So I have a question, in order to avoid a potential delay is it possible to upload something to MSP prior to them asking for it? I believe the score sheet wasn't a very good image and before they get to me I wanted to maybe send a image that is much clearer. Keep in mind I was accepted on 8/8
    Any advice helpful
    Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom