• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    8/5 app accepted
    9/13 nics
    When should i expect email for investigator assigned? Does that come after 8/4s are approved? Havent seen anything. Does everybody get a cjis letter? Havent seen that either.
    Some people never get an email they go straight from accepted to approval, but it isn't any faster than anyone else with the same accept date.

I haven't gotten a CJIS letter and I was approved 8/2.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    File an appeal with the Office of Adminstrative Hearings

Bring a lawyer

Hershon Law in Annapolis has experience with this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dirtdiver913

Apr 26, 2022
    Middle river
    Arrgh I'm an 8/26-er (submitted 8/22).

That means that I still have around 66 days to go. It's already been 27 days.

That's puts me past the 90 day limit. What recourse will I have if they do not issue my permit within the 90 days?
    Right by that count mine would take 99 days to be approved mine was accepted 9/7

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    File an appeal with the Office of Adminstrative Hearings

Bring a lawyer

Hershon Law in Annapolis has experience with this

Then don't they have another 60 days before they get an additional 90 days? (it's been posted somewhere on the forumyou just have to find it so probably easier to just look up the law) It is something like that so save the cost of a lawyer you will get approved when they get to you.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    True. Yes they do. Im going by the old rules pre Bruen

But file the appeal regardless so they know you’re counting

Last edited:

brackishfly

Nov 17, 2012
    So. Maryland
    Just opened the envelope from MSP, after 63 days since submitting. So, the accompanied letter that comes with the permit affirms in this state of Maryland that carrying a firearm is still only a privilege afforded by the state and not a right. The second page still refers to "Good & Substantial"? Well, I'm happy it's "one foot forward" and not backward. Now onto fixing the ten round cap mag purchase limit. I see D.C. cap limit was found unconstitutional (more states to follow soon).

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The DC mag cap limit was NOT found illegal. The law on the number of mags you can carry was found illegal

Big difference

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Just opened the envelope from MSP, after 63 days since submitting. So, the accompanied letter that comes with the permit affirms in this state of Maryland that carrying a firearm is still only a privilege afforded by the state and not a right. The second page still refers to "Good & Substantial"? Well, I'm happy it's "one foot forward" and not backward. Now onto fixing the ten round cap mag purchase limit. I see D.C. cap limit was found unconstitutional (more states to follow soon).
    The DC mag capacity limit is still in place AFAIK. The limit of no more than 20 rounds on you while carrying is what is gone - i.e., now you can carry more than two 10 rd mags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom