• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PEEJAY

Dec 2, 2020
    Where do you guys get the mailing info to see where your card is in the mail? i know a few guys knew ahead of time is was at there door when they werent even home. I cant find the posts. please dont bust my chops about asking the same question. ive been following along since Saint Clarence laid the hammer down.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Where do you guys get the mailing info to see where your card is in the mail? i know a few guys knew ahead of time is was at there door when they werent even home. I cant find the posts. please dont bust my chops about asking the same question. ive been following along since Saint Clarence laid the hammer down.
    USPS informed delivery

DFresh64

KnuklDragr
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2022
    AA County
    Mine was accepted on 8/16 and I just got assigned to a background investigator. There saying I will be contacted for a in person interview, is that the norm?

That is most likely just the standard nonsense they send. No references are ever called or anything.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Mine was accepted on 8/16 and I just got assigned to a background investigator. There saying I will be contacted for a in person interview, is that the norm?
    Get ready - :D
    1664831749665.gif

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Hi All

I took my CCW class on 24&25Sep2022 but finally got around to collecting all the necessary documents and sending in CCW application today (03Oct2022). I got an E-Mail back immediately from MSP that it had been accepted and would be sent for review. It seems like it is taking 2 months to get the permit so I hope I will get an early Christmas present thanks to St. Nick Thomas!

Cal68

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    Mine was submitted Aug 4 --accepted Aug 10-today I got in the mail copy of a letter dated Sept 21 about the criminal background check being clean--so I guess I am getting close--it will be 2 months as of tomorrow--never got a phone call or other communication from them. HQL email came Aug 30

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    they are rolling through approvals this week. Didn't expect them to be on 8.10's by monday. If they keep it up us 8.15's will start seeing approvals early next week instead of late.

edit: as of today its been 49 days

Last edited:

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    That would be nice… I’m 8/17 and don’t have NICS yet.. day 47
    I noticed submit day does play a role with NICS and will possibly play a role with approval when it comes down to your group. I submitted on 8/9 which got me NICS on 9/28 while people who submitted later with the same acceptance trailed me.

Honestly blame the 8/15 group, i got mine at 44 days and was shocked to see it go from 9/28-10/01.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Mine was submitted Aug 4 --accepted Aug 10-today I got in the mail copy of a letter dated Sept 21 about the criminal background check being clean--so I guess I am getting close--it will be 2 months as of tomorrow--never got a phone call or other communication from them. HQL email came Aug 30
    I was surprised to get the letter saying that my criminal background check was clean this past Saturday (01Oct2022, a week after my fingerprinting was done) and even before I had filed my electronic CCW application (03Oct2022). I do not know if it means that they are moving fast, but I am still counting on 2 months before I get my CCW card in the mail.

Cal68

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Nothing. I got my letter 3 weeks after my permit

I was printed 6-23. Got my letter August 11. My permit was issued 7-20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Nothing. I got my letter 3 weeks after my permit

I was printed 6-23. Got my letter August 11. My permit was issued 7-20

Same here sort of. I got the CJIS letter a week after I had the permit in hand.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Point being your prints have been checked long before you get the letter

In most cases anyway

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    They go to different part of MSP. No good reason.

The good thing is not required for renewal

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom