• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    This is a bulgarian (i think?) kit that someone gave me as a gift, and I have no idea how to put it together. Not in any super hurry, can't own it till november 15th (21st bday), but anyone think they could help out a broke college kid? It's a 74 by the way.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1318818210525.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1318818210525.jpg
      32.9 KB · Views: 237

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Yep, that's what's left of a Bulgarian AK74. The cheapest parts I found is here: https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_79/products_id/1208

Your biggest purchase will be a receiver.

any tips on the receiver? I also kinda want to put some of that evil black polymer nonsense on there so I can mount an optic, maybe a grip. I have really bad vision, and iron sights past 20 yards or so are just unpleasant to even try shooting.

edit: unless there's a way to mount one and not ruin the look of it, cause i just think ak's look good in wood.

Last edited:
    The most inexpensive receiver is buying a "flat" and either doing it yourself (skill and labor intensive) or getting a gunsmith to build one for you. Buying one premade with rails will cost you also. The receiver IS the firearm and must have serial numbers, etc. The rest of the trigger group, springs, etc. is fairly cheap.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Looks like thats a new us made barrel. Is the barrel machined for the barrel pin? PM me for help. I build mine at my parents house (no garage down here in VA) when Im in town

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Most painless way is start with a pre-made receiver. A Nodak Spud receiver isn't too pricy and most of them are good-to-go.

straightsilver3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 2, 2011
    everywhere
    Most painless way is start with a pre-made receiver. A Nodak Spud receiver isn't too pricy and most of them are good-to-go.
    I second this Nodak Spud has a very good receiver Make this a birthday present to yourself much better than buying a flat The cost in bending jigs alone will kill your build costs They're some good builders here in MD I believe one in Fredrick ( others will be along ) I had my AK build by Gewher werks Tipp city Ohio Tim does great work If you don't want the US barrel that's what you have G.W has bulgy barrel assy Total cost for barrel build and duracoat is around 500.00

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom