• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    It would be interesting to see if they offer the same to NRA TC/Instructors or the MSP Qualified Handgun Instructors outlining what the class requirements/syllabus for the public would be.

I am hoping MSP will conduct some sessions to allow potential trainers to comment or at least get a feel for what it is the MSP wants the public to learn.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Does anyone else laugh at the fact that the MSP et al are holding classes based on curriculum chosen by idiots who don't know anything about firearms?

Dec 31, 2012
    Does anyone else laugh at the fact that the MSP et al are holding classes based on curriculum chosen by idiots who don't know anything about firearms?

but they were elected by the people so they must be competent...

Peartree

May 25, 2013
    Mt Airy
    Interesting how the are going to focus on "additional restrictions" on firearm AND ammunition ownership. Wonder what up with that?

The morning session will be geared towards law enforcement executives, firearm prosecutors and investigators. State prosecutors and officers from the Maryland Gun Center will present on topics such as additional restrictions on firearm and ammunition ownership, newly disqualified parties and disqualifying crimes, exceptions for law enforcement officers, dealer record checks, and other reforms in enforcement and prosecution.

Joseph87'

Nobama
    Dec 22, 2011
    Charleston SC
    We have to take training to purchase handguns after 10/1 right? Even thou we own them or is it for ppl whom are new to firearm purchases? Hopefully that makes sense, sorry if I'm ignorant to what's what for sb281. I rallied for the cause
    33kci36.jpg

but don't know too much about the ban besides most rifles n high caps(over10).

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    You really owe it to yourself to take the time to learn. There are several good threads here that break it down, but there's nothing like reading it for yourself. That being said, if you own a regulated firearm prior to 10/1, you are exempt from the training requirement.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    The morning session will be geared towards law enforcement executives, firearm prosecutors and investigators. State prosecutors and officers from the Maryland Gun Center will present on topics such as additional restrictions on firearm and ammunition ownership, newly disqualified parties and disqualifying crimes, exceptions for law enforcement officers, dealer record checks, and other reforms in enforcement and prosecution.

FTFY

Guess they will also discuss how breathing disqualifies citizenry and walking is a new disqualifying crime...

:sad20:

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    I hope there are some knowledgeable 2A supporters at these indoctrination- I mean training- sessions to monitor how the trainers interpret the law.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    It would be interesting to see if they offer the same to NRA TC/Instructors or the MSP Qualified Handgun Instructors outlining what the class requirements/syllabus for the public would be.

I am hoping MSP will conduct some sessions to allow potential trainers to comment or at least get a feel for what it is the MSP wants the public to learn.

Following the links from the MDSP.org site. There are no restrictons on who may register to attend. :innocent6:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom