Anyone here from Canton (60's and 70's)?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SeniorArmorNCO

Avid Shooter since 1967
    Mar 23, 2013
    Clinton, MS
    Posted my intro already. Was wondering if there might be some here who I grew up with in Canton back in the 60's and 70s up through 1980. Lived in Hudson Street.

SeniorArmorNCO

Avid Shooter since 1967
    Mar 23, 2013
    Clinton, MS
    Know the area well. Father lived on Bond Street back in the 50's, grandfather bought his house on Hudson and we would walk down to Bond all the time visiting with friends. Also had an Arcade on Fleet towards Broadway used to go to often. They had an arcade range with pump .22's you would shoot inside the building (As well as slot cars and a lot of other stuff). Spent a lot of time in Fells Point growing up. Have to say that it looks a lot nicer today than it did back in the 70's. Im glad a lot of the Cobblestone is still there. My wife is from Tennessee and she had not ever seen it.

gruube

Feb 19, 2008
    Fell's has grown a bunch thats for sure. Most of the residents now are from the Hopkins takeover. I do not remember that arcade. Do you currently live in Canton? I am headed there tonight St. Casmirs for 5 o'clock mass. I do love living here however the politics, taxes, and parking sure do make me think twice.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    A very close family friend grew up on Clinton Street....worked at a pawnshop on Monument Street and then Eastern Ave....only left the neighborhood a few years ago. Still works on the Avenue, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom