• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    She's turned into quite the DC insider. She's voted for the gun control bill, along with sending billions to Ukraine and supported dementia Joe's spending sprees.

A Senator is supposed to represent the state's values. WV is probably one of the top 3 Trump states and our 2 Senators are both just moderates. WTH

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Unfortunately she's there for 4 more years. T45 was dead on when he called her a RINO.

I'd called her RINO-lite. Still, untrustable.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    She funnels money into the state on a scale that would put Bob Byrd to shame if he were still alive, has improved the business and technology infrastructure in the state beyond what anyone else has done, and has quietly gained enough power in congress to steer things to benefit her constituents, and has helped ensure that SCOTUS didn't turn into a leftist playground. No, I'm not tired of her.

She voted for a mostly toothless gun bill that won't affect any of us here, is helping to defeat the main threat to European sovereignty (and thus, increasing our sphere of influence where everyone from Clinton to Trump lost ground) by supporting the Ukrainian aide packages, and will gladly allow Joe to spend with reckless abandon when a good chunk of that money is earmarked for West-By-God.

Shelly is smart as hell and knows what she's doing.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    She funnels money into the state on a scale that would put Bob Byrd to shame if he were still alive, has improved the business and technology infrastructure in the state beyond what anyone else has done, and has quietly gained enough power in congress to steer things to benefit her constituents, and has helped ensure that SCOTUS didn't turn into a leftist playground. No, I'm not tired of her.

She voted for a mostly toothless gun bill that won't affect any of us here, is helping to defeat the main threat to European sovereignty (and thus, increasing our sphere of influence where everyone from Clinton to Trump lost ground) by supporting the Ukrainian aide packages, and will gladly allow Joe to spend with reckless abandon when a good chunk of that money is earmarked for West-By-God.

She didn't need to vote for the gun control bill. Nothing in it for WV. At least tack on Reciprocity or something good.
    Our $$ to Ukraine (which are printed funny money) are ending up on the European black market unfortunately.
    We don't need "business as usual" Senators just trying to get junk for their state.
    As far as SCOTUS votes no issue there but it's a pretty low bar. She's not a Lisa Murkowski or Susan Collins I grant you that.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Unfortunately she's there for 4 more years. T45 was dead on when he called her a RINO.

I'd called her RINO-lite. Still, untrustable.
    Unfortunately. And let's watch her voting record "evolve" from now until the 2026 midterms

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

More cynically , all politics are local . Bring home enough pork , and kiss enough babies at enough PTA meetings , and the big issues ( usually) don't matter very much .

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    She voted for the Omnibus monstrosity. I emailed that I was 100 percent against.

Her response was, essentially, the "process" is flawed and that we do have to curb runaway spending, and listed a few of the "goodies" in the bill.
    Excuse me, but "next time" just doesn't cut it. Yea, maybe she can't single handedly stop it but she does have a voice and can vote NO. She's straight up a Mitch McConnell big government shill and probably getting CCP cash while telling WV residents she's on their side. Complete BS. I'm voting for her primary opponent all the way.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Wv is a very crooked state. I was a little hesitant on buying there. I didn’t think corruption would bother me. I was wrong.
    8ecaa581b28db8639e2171ba6afb332e.jpg

My neighbors in Wv said I have probably made a hit list.

Last edited:

beetles

MDS Supporter
    Dec 19, 2021

^^This. If the bacon is delivered regularly, nothing else matters to the voters.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    ^^This. If the bacon is delivered regularly, nothing else matters to the voters.
    The bacon is unfortunately not even paid for at this point. It's just more printing dollars which will inevitably throw fuel on the inflation dumpster fire.
    Sure some stuff may be desirable to have but the cost is going to keep going up and up. Government programs are already wildly inefficient as it is, now with elevated interest rates we will get to a point where the service on the debt is bigger than the whole defense budget. That is NOT good, and you can say we're funding this or that research but you still dig yourself an even deeper hole.
    The Senate, save a few like Rand Paul, is completely worthless. The spending is like pure crack to these congresscritters and they can't kick the habit even when the country's fate is on the edge.

beetles

MDS Supporter
    Dec 19, 2021
    The bacon is unfortunately not even paid for at this point. It's just more printing dollars which will inevitably throw fuel on the inflation dumpster fire.
    Sure some stuff may be desirable to have but the cost is going to keep going up and up. Government programs are already wildly inefficient as it is, now with elevated interest rates we will get to a point where the service on the debt is bigger than the whole defense budget. That is NOT good, and you can say we're funding this or that research but you still dig yourself an even deeper hole.
    The Senate, save a few like Rand Paul, is completely worthless. The spending is like pure crack to these congresscritters and they can't kick the habit even when the country's fate is on the edge.
    Even if true, that doesn't matter to the WV voters. Seeing federal spending in their state, federal jobs with federal benefits and government job security is what matters. They don't care about deficit spending, national debt, a grim future of rising borrowing rates for bond issues, fiscal restraint or anything else. They care about the here and now, as in right now, not scary predictions about an austere future. Rand Paul, Ayn Rand, Rand-McNally, RAND Corporation, Remington-Rand, all the same and none of that matters.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Even if true, that doesn't matter to the WV voters. Seeing federal spending in their state, federal jobs with federal benefits and government job security is what matters. They don't care about deficit spending, national debt, a grim future of rising borrowing rates for bond issues, fiscal restraint or anything else. They care about the here and now, as in right now, not scary predictions about an austere future. Rand Paul, Ayn Rand, Rand-McNally, RAND Corporation, Remington-Rand, all the same and none of that matters.
    There is, in many areas of the state, a lot of truth to this. I think Morgantown, Charleston, and the Eastern Panhandle tend to be a little more future-thinking, but in areas of the state hard-hit by the 1-2 punch of the Clinton and Obama Eras actively attempting to destroy the manufacturing and energy sectors of the economy, it's very hard to see one day ahead, let along ten-plus years.

That said, the "bacon" is more than just federal dollars. It's a rebirth of the manufacturing and innovation/research sector in the state that hasn't been there since the early 1990s when Dow/Bayer closed down the Union Carbide Tech Center and Clinton refused to put tariffs on German and Japanese steel which hit both mining and manufacturing sectors hard in the state. The continued outsourcing of manufacturing, especially in the chemical industry, also made things tough. This is where Shelley is really succeeding. Her office works with state-level offices to help entice companies like Proctor and Gamble, Toyota, Diamond Electric, NGK, Leidos, and now TCL to relocate facilities to a state that has much friendlier taxes for businesses and a large pool of hard-working, self-sufficient, and industrious people.

Having both lived in WV for half of my life, and going back to work with Appalachia Service Project, I know that the vast majority of people on federal benefits in WV would prefer not to be on federal benefits. They'd much rather work. They may be poor, and they may need financial help right now, but they still have their sense of pride and in WV, that is so tightly entwined with what you produce that outside of the bigger cities where imported homelessness and public housing complexes tip the scales, nearly everyone I've met that has been on some sort of benefits, would gladly put on their boots and get down to it if the jobs were available.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    And she's once again voted for more Ukraine funding. As far as the 2 trillion deficit I'm sure her canned response will be,"we'll get 'em next time."
    You can chalk her up as another sure vote for another omnibus which will be coming once this 45 day stopgap ends.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Wv is a very crooked state. I was a little hesitant on buying there. I didn’t think corruption would bother me. I was wrong.
    8ecaa581b28db8639e2171ba6afb332e.jpg

My neighbors in Wv said I have probably made a hit list.
    I don't live in WVA, but i am happy to see you still being a patriot for the cause of freedom. Yes you are a target, when you speak out or disagree with the system you are the enemy.

All my best to you :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom