Anyone ever send knives back to buck for repairs?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I want a buck automatic box, smh lol

I did send 4 knives back about a week ago along with a check for $70 asking for new blades and spa treatments and to fix one sheath and to purchase another

Hopefully it doesn’t take to long , my patience is shot waiting on my 2 permits and 2 renewals I am waiting for ‍

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Well my knives came back today. Almost exactly when Buck said they would.

They replaced the cheaper Buck commemorative set knife with a new but better knife.

The 112was replaced with a new knife

Both 110’s received new blades and were beautifully cleaned up

I sent two sheaths back for repair but they sent me 3 new sheaths because I guess they couldn’t repair the others?

I am absolutely positively more than satisfied

This is actually better than I thought would happen

I totally recommend anyone with a damaged buck knife to send it back for a warranty repair or their spa treatment

I am tickled pink!!

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I bought a Guardian Tactical Rat Worx automatic knife off ebay. The release button seemed to require more effort and a deeper push to operate. Sent it to them with a check for ten bucks; came bacj in about ten days, all better.

I was pleased to hear that they honor their lifetime guarantee, no matter if you were the original purchaser. That's how to stand behind a product.

44 Bulldog

Oct 25, 2012
    Dunkirk-Calvert County
    Symbols

Attachments

• IMG_3123.png
      IMG_3123.png
      200.8 KB · Views: 69

LANDFORGOTTEN

Sep 28, 2012
    WA state
    I grew up in San Diego county and a friend worked there in the 1990's. One time he had car issues and I got a tour when helping him out. It was a great experience. I have multiple buck knives. Ones I have bought, one of the centennial issues still unopened, one I carried in Iraq and one my dad passed on to me.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Good to hear, I have a small mix of old 110’s that could use some attention. I knew they’d fix blades and mechanisms and such, but I’m liking what I’m reading about this “spa treatment”.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City

Thanks for posting this chart. I'm definitely not a knife guy, and I don't know one knife steel from the next. Interesting though, as I've carried a Buck 110 all of my life when hunting.
    It is supposedly 420 steel, categorized as "Budget" steel. That knife has processed many deer over almost 50 years since I received it as a gift, and to me it's an excellent knife that has done everything I've ever asked of it. I do keep the edge up, and I don't use it for a screwdriver or a pry bar, or to cut cardboard and the like.

It isn't lost on me that I have used nothing else in my lifetime to really compare my Buck 110 to. I do wonder, since there are said to be better knife steels, what have I been missing in never having owned a premium steel knife? Not sure I'll ever find out, but I will say the chart has me curious.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Good to hear, I have a small mix of old 110’s that could use some attention. I knew they’d fix blades and mechanisms and such, but I’m liking what I’m reading about this “spa treatment”.
    It’s almost like getting a new knife back but some of the worst imperfections are dressed up as best they can. I consider it character on the ones I got back. I doubt anyone else would ever notice. One of my knives is at least 50 years old ( as best I can remember) and it looks beautiful now

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    It’s almost like getting a new knife back but some of the worst imperfections are dressed up as best they can. I consider it character on the ones I got back. I doubt anyone else would ever notice. One of my knives is at least 50 years old ( as best I can remember) and it looks beautiful now
    My old 110 is about 40 years old give or take. I’d like to start using it again in in the deer woods, but I did break off the tip about 15 years ago in a buck pelvis (that seems to be a theme), not a huge chunk but enough that it affects how it works. I’ve moved on to other knives for field dressing, mainly because of size, the 110 when folded open is pretty unwieldy long and can be cumbersome inside the deer’s body cavity. I do really like the clip-point blade, which not many knives feature that, the “drop-point” seems to have taken over in popularity. I don’t like drop-points because of the lack of any scalpel-like precision cuts I can make, they’re too “rounded” and I sometimes puncture things that shouldn’t get punctured.

Lately I’ve been using the Outdoor Edge SwingBlaze (in orange so I can lay it down briefly and not lose it in the leaf clutter). I especially like the guthook zipper blade feature, and the main blade is decent even though it is a drop-point. I don’t know what type of steel it is but I have a terrible time keeping an edge on that blade. The last deer I dressed I had to finish up with my tiny pocket knife (some generic BS knife I got in the early 90’s for becoming a Buckmasters subscriber at the time). I carry it to cut apples and other food-type things in the stand, so I don’t have to use my field dressing knife.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Send the 110 to buck and pay for a new blade and spa treatment, you won’t be disappointed

And if the 110 is a bit big for your taste, try the 112, I love mine

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I wish they still sold the old buck selector knife. I have one in blaze orange. It has a drop point, the gutting blade with the round tip for opening up the stomach cavity, and a saw. Perfect for field dressing a deer. It's almost impossible to find replacements for it.

Update: found one on Ebay. Damn 259.99?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I wish they still sold the old buck selector knife. I have one in blaze orange. It has a drop point, the gutting blade with the round tip for opening up the stomach cavity, and a saw. Perfect for field dressing a deer. It's almost impossible to find replacements for it.

Update: found one on Ebay. Damn 259.99?
    I wonder if Buck has replacement blades?

I would email their customer service and ask

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    I'm no steel snob, but I really don't have much use for 420 steels, including 420HC. Why would any knife manufacturer ever use it?

Oh, wait...I know one reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom