• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FN509Fan

Ultimate Member
    I have around 1500 Large Pistol primers left and at the rate I'm shooting my New Vaquero I'm gonna need to buy more primers and 45 Colt cases. Ammoseek shows some primers available but Google search has turned up several vendors that are significantly cheaper and say they have stock but I'm hesitant. I also wonder about primers at "local" gun shows to avoid hazmat/shipping charges. If anyone has experience going to the shows, I'd love to hear which are worth attending.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Those sites google brings up are scam sites. stay away from them, especially if they are too good to be true. Primers are going for 8.5-13 cents a round, prices are high, but at least the primers are available. Some more available than others. LRP/LRMP seems to be the short end of the availability stick.

Last local primer sighting i saw was was a gun shop wanting 20 bucks per packet of 100 primers. LGS that stocks them at a fair price usually don't last long.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Primers are still high at shows. I think they dipped for a while and then went back up.

At Oaks, cheapest was one vendor with Ginex small pistol was $90 while Magtech and CCI OEM small (can’t remember if rifle or pistol) was $100.

The usual American primers were at $120-165 at both Oaks and Nation’s.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Get on the Discord reloading server, set your notifications appropriately, and you'll get some. I've scored 5k Fed SPPs for $430 shipped. They're out there. The prices are absurd compared to what they were a few years ago, but you can still reload for less than factory ammo costs.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    That's a helluva good price. Gotta wonder how a shop can afford to put primers on the shelf today at that price.
    Guess what...he's still making money at that price! And if he's selling at that price and making money, every other shop can too. That or they CHOOSE to gouge you with higher prices. You don't have to let 'em.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Smaller Shops that can’t replenish their stock easily have to keep the prices up. If they know that no more are coming soon, makes no business sense to sell at a lower margin.

Although I have what I need I still have been just shooting more 22 so my stock of primers drop slower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I was heading to Up State NY last week and I always stop by Cabelas in Hamburg PA. I was able to pick up a couple bricks of pistol primers for less than 100 bucks each. Being a club member helps on costs and will be heading back in a few weeks on my way to NY. I use to be a resident until the late 70s and had a pistol license with a CCW. Went back up and was able to get a pistol license so I can hunt bear and purchased my 100 dollar nonres hunting license. Going back up where I grew up to apply for a nonres CCW with no restrictions. My brother in law is a retired LT in the local sheriffs department where I grew up and the Judge who approves them was a classmate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom