• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodrow76

May 27, 2011
    Cecil-tucky
    Hey,

I was at the new Walmart up in Oxford, PA today, checking the store out. When I got to the sporting goods area, I looked at their ammo supply and noticed they had Remington UMC value boxes both in 9mm and .40cal. The 250 round boxes are $59.95 (9mm) and $79.95 (.40cal). I never used this ammo before and was wondering if anyone has used this and what their thoughts were on it. I usually run Winchester (white box) and Federal ammo through my handguns.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I got a bad run once that jammed just about everything I own. I try to avoid it unless I have no choice

woodrow76

May 27, 2011
    Cecil-tucky
    I was tempted on buying a box but that's good to know. I have always used Federal and Winchester and never had any issues with either brand. Thanks for the heads up.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    i wont use it...very inconsistant loads....I bought some years ago and one shot was light the other I thought it was going to blow my pistol apart...I will buy remington or winchester ammo...

FFJim

Apr 27, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    I use it about 80% of the time in my Glock 17. Other than being a bit dirty, I haven't had an issue. OK for target practice but that is about it.

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    I ran a few boxes through my XDm when I first got it last year. Wasn't really happy with it. Wasn't consistent and very dirty.

WWB is better but I prefer Federal.

phidelta308

Jan 4, 2010
    bawlmer, hon!
    I stopped using it after the last .45ACP mega pack I got had huge bullet setback problems. Just looking at the rounds sitting in the box, you could see noticeable differences in length. Chambering the rounds would knock them back even further.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Hey,

I was at the new Walmart up in Oxford, PA today, checking the store out. When I got to the sporting goods area, I looked at their ammo supply and noticed they had Remington UMC value boxes both in 9mm and .40cal. The 250 round boxes are $59.95 (9mm) and $79.95 (.40cal). I never used this ammo before and was wondering if anyone has used this and what their thoughts were on it. I usually run Winchester (white box) and Federal ammo through my handguns.

Remmy UMC is notorious for being very inconsistant regardless of caliber. WWB is more consistant than UMC though dirty.
    Feddy American Eagle is pretty consistant and cleaner.
    We have Feddy American Eagle in 9mm and .40 at cheaper cash pricing per 1,000 rd cases than those you described above; pro rated of course.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    It's good for reloading, but that's about it.

Before I started rolling my own, I was truly impressed (and not in a good way) at how dirty and varied it performed. Some shots would stack, other's were just all over.

Good brass though.

woodrow76

May 27, 2011
    Cecil-tucky
    One of these days I will make a trip out to Shooter's Discount. Thanks everyone for the heads up on Remington UMC ammo. Looks like my Sig and FN will continue on their diets of Federal and Winchester.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    The 45ACP brass from the UMC line is pretty good though. Ive had very good luck reloading it. It is a little thinner (all Remington 45ACP brass is) but it goes through a factory crimp die without a body resizing, and the brass has been lasting a longtime. I have not split a single one after many reloadings. I actually prefer the R-P headstamp for the 45ACP over the other brands.

That being said - I dont buy much factory ammo, so cant state how well the UMC works out of the box.

WWB on the otherhand, I did buy a few boxes to break in my pistol, and to get the brass. It fed and shot fine, but it is dirty as shit.

sbowers

Jun 15, 2012
    OP, you get what you pay for. I shoot it and have not had a problem. It is not match grade ammo but it is good for a day at the range.

Agreed. When buying off the shelf 9mm ammo at Wal-Mart you take what you can find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom