Any X95 w Geiselle Super Sabra trigger pack (+/or “Lightning” trigger bow) owners?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Just curious if any members who have a IWI Tavor X95 have tried the Geiselle Super Sabra X95 trigger pack and if so, did you run the trigger pack with the stock, IWI factory trigger or, did you also pony up for the Geiselle Lightning trigger bow?

I am curious how well the stock, IWI factory trigger functions and plays with the Geiselle trigger pack …

Attachments

• IMG_5186.jpeg
      IMG_5186.jpeg
      15.4 KB · Views: 21
    • IMG_5185.jpeg
      IMG_5185.jpeg
      3.1 KB · Views: 21
    Last edited:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have the trigger pack in my Tavor SAR. Huge difference, and easily worth the money. The X95 trigger is supposedly a bit better than the SAR's, but I'm guessing it's not THAT much better.

I have a Lightning Bow, but it's not installed. The installation is a bit of a pain, and I just don't think it's worth it yet for me.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    I have the trigger pack in my Tavor SAR. Huge difference, and easily worth the money. The X95 trigger is supposedly a bit better than the SAR's, but I'm guessing it's not THAT much better.

I have a Lightning Bow, but it's not installed. The installation is a bit of a pain, and I just don't think it's worth it yet for me.

Okay thanks, I have two Super Sabra trigger packs on order (will be here Friday) and it wasn’t until I ordered them that I discovered the Lightning trigger bows are UNobtainium - at least at present (I have em on backorder via half a dozen vendors)

I know (and you confirmed) it’s not “necessary” to run the Lightning trigger bows with the trigger packs; I’m just wondering how much time I should throw at trying to locate any Lightning trigger bows. That is, will those trigger bows make “that much” a difference …

Based on your experience I’m just gonna enjoy the trigger packs with the stock trigger and put the Lightning bows on a back burner ….

(I read a lot of reviews and “shootouts” between the Geiselle s and others but, none of the reviewers mentioned whether they were using the trigger lack in conjunction w the stock trigger or the lightning trigger bow )

thanks!

Last edited:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    …I have a Lightning Bow, but it's not installed. The installation is a bit of a pain, …

Um, uh, hmmm, okay; NOW I think I see ^that^ more clearly!

Happened to be browsing the IWI Store for some other stuff and came across this …

with all these notes:

Please follow the following steps in order in your Tavor SAR manual before you remove your barrel:

Section 15.1, Section 15.5, Section 15.7, Section 15.8

Once the above have been completed then you can follow: Section 15.10

Warning: Removing your barrel without completing Sections 15.5 – 15.8 first will damage your barrel

Please follow the following steps in order in your Tavor X95 manual before you remove your barrel:

Section 14.1.3, Section 14.1.4, Section 14.1.5, Section 14.1.6
    Once the above have been completed then you can follow: Section 14.1.7

Warning: Removing your barrel without completing Sections 14.1.3 – 14.1.7 first will damage your barrel

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Illustration of what to avoid in removing bbl at 4:29 min mark:

Conversely, tbe trigger packs are (as I understand it) simple in and out swaps …!

Last edited:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Just an update w a reply off another forum, which is also helpful!

I have both the pack and bow in mine.

IMO, the trigger bow by itself is the better buy. It dramatically improves the feel with the stock pack, removes most of the slop and take-up squishy feeling w/ the stock pack. It's pretty dang good actually with just the bow. So much so that I only have the bow w/ the stock pack in my 9mm X95. I don't bother switching over the trigger packs when I switch guns.

The pack alone (with stock trigger bow) is also a significant improvement, so you won't be disappointed if you can't get a bow for a while.

Together (bow & trigger pack) it is as good as any AR trigger I've ever shot. Honestly, it was a bit too light at first for a combat trigger so I had to turn up the pull weight on the pack.

Either way it is a significant upgrade and I think you'll be happy with it. The X95 trigger in full auto makes a lot of sense. It leaves a bit to be desired in its semi form. It can certainly be mastered but w/ the Geiselle parts its as good, or better, than any AR out there
    .”

Attachments

• IMG_5192.jpeg
      IMG_5192.jpeg
      355.7 KB · Views: 17

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I think everyone agrees that the Lightning Bow provides significant improvement to the system. It's just such a pain to install that you've got to really want it. This is as opposed to the trigger pack, which is drop-in.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Got both the trigger packs AND the lightning bows in both my X95’s and what a difference!

I did scratch my head a moment before realizing the Geisslle Lightning bow does NOT use the factory trigger spring …

Tomorrow, optics!

This video is good for the stock trigger removal and lightning trigger bow install but, not so much disassembly - a lot of reviewers point out he doesn’t emphasize / stress the critical need for removing the charging handle BEFORE using barrel wrench to unlock bbl …

This video is much better for disassembly and reassembly:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom