• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    The Muppet's "Revolver" album cover spoof aside, I LOVE my revolvers! They take up less space in my safes than long guns and I don't have to chase their cases at the range.

While I've collected many revolvers in different calibers over the years, my most favorite ever is my Dan Wesson 44 mag. We've become well acquainted over the past 20+ years. Together we rarely miss any target.

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• DW44MagL.jpg
      DW44MagL.jpg
      40.7 KB · Views: 405
    • j8064 DW Capture.jpg
      j8064 DW Capture.jpg
      83.5 KB · Views: 401

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Any of you guys still have revolvers? I remember the days when colt and S&W made revolvers out of cold blues steel. That deep dark blue with the mirror shine and rich black deep sheen that looked like you were staring into the waters of some deep lake.

Oh yes. Guns are supposed to be made of steel, blued steel*.

Don't neglect the noir 1930s look of the old Detective Specials, or the charm of the hand-fitting and -finishing on the pre-WWII Colts and Smiths, or the warm feeling that when you pull the trigger it will go Bang, without having to worry about safeties, slides in battery, limp-wristing smokestack jams, or deterioration of some sort of plastic bit.

Go back a bit and you can forget about MIM, where powdered metal molding might make parts cheap, but not necessarily fail-proof. And I don't want to talk about press-fitting barrels, and having them end up several yards downrange. Our revolvers are not as pure of essence as they once were, sadly, but they do what they're made to do, and do it well.

*Full disclosure: I have two stainless Smith revolvers, and I like them almost as much as the blue ones.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    I'm a younger fellow (as far as this forum goes). I just bought my first revolver, a 586 in 4" barrel with the classic blued look you mentioned. I also happen to be partial to blued steel even though it isn't quite as durable as stainless. The bluing done by Colt is my favorite but i don't own any snake guns.

I definitley have the revolver bug and i think my next one will be a 617 (gasp) first gun to be stainless. I'd buy a blued version if they had one. Maybe I should just get a C&R ffl and try to find an old .22 revolver?

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    S&W 686+ 4" Barrel.

Colt Anaconda .44 Mag 6" Barrel.

I was thinking of buying a 686 Plus 3", but I can't seem to find the Plus version on the Handgun Roster. I looked all through the S&W listings and found several 686 models, but not the Plus.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have 7 revolvers and 5 semi-autos. I used to have more semi-autos than revolvers, then I got into cowboy action shooting. Yes, all 7 revolvers are single-action.

mbtech

Jan 6, 2014
    Delmarva
    I have more revolvers then semi-autos, This is my S&W set. Model 27, 57, and 29 all 8 3/8 inch.

Attachments

• 100_1193.jpg
      100_1193.jpg
      81.6 KB · Views: 305

balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    I have quite a few. I love guns and love to shoot all kinds. With no kids, have always had extra disposable income. I have single and double action revolvers in sizes from J frames to a Raging Bull. Revolvers are great because they are simple. I still have more semi's than revolvers at about a 6-4 ratio, but the gap is closing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom