• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mofiki

Dec 16, 2012
    Does anyone know of a range that allows children to shoot? My son just turned 9 and I picked up a hbar to teach him how to shoot with. He was prety bummed yesterday when we got turned away.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    DNR ranges such as Myrtle Grove require kids to have their Hunter Safety card. It is $10 and a state issued credential authorizing them access to loaded firearms. HBAR's are great but you need to learn the basics first. My kids have never been turned away from anywhere full auto, suppressed, etc. They have been shooting since 5 though and correct me on occasion.

highwayheat

highwayheat
    Jun 13, 2012
    Ceciltucky
    Depending on your location, it may be a little bit of a drive. Elk Neck Forest Shooting Range allows kids as long as they are supervised. This range does not have a regulation on hunter safety education for kids, but it is still a good idea to take the class. It's $10 a trip on an honor system with permits and a drop box both at the entrance to the forest. You can also pay $50 by internet (DNR Compass) or through the mail for a year long permit that is good until 12/31. I also recommend going during the week if possible. The weekends are always packed. My son has been shooting there since he received his .22 for his eighth birthday last year.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    DNR ranges such as Myrtle Grove require kids to have their Hunter Safety card. It is $10 and a state issued credential authorizing them access to loaded firearms. HBAR's are great but you need to learn the basics first. My kids have never been turned away from anywhere full auto, suppressed, etc. They have been shooting since 5 though and correct me on occasion.

Same as above in my home with my Son. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    We'll turn this around, where turned you away ? It is the norm for children to be allowed to shoot if under parent direct supervision , and they are safe.

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    We'll turn this around, where turned you away ? It is the norm for children to be allowed to shoot if under parent direct supervision , and they are safe.

I'm curious about who turned you away as well.

All three of my sons have had firearms safety instruction (shout out to Fivepointstar) and we have a family membership at Delta.

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    Ditto. I'd love to know.

We love kids at York, they are the future after all. Granted we are a private range for daily use, but our monthly and seasonal events are open the the public, and are very family oriented.

g

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I can't say enough about AGC. Alex lets my daughter Monica and I shoot at the top end of the "in bounds" area (just outside of the yellow taped off area), out of the way of the "cannons", (when its possible), and has offered up steel targets.

I cannot tell you how much that level of accommodating children means to me.

And yes.... THEY ARE OUR FUTURE AND MY VERY WELL FIGHT FOR OUR FREEDOM AGAINST WHAT SOME CALL OUR GOVERNMENT.

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    NRA Range allows kids under 18 sharing a lane to shoot free.

Range Fees
    The NRA Range is open to the general public. NRA members receive a discount on range fees. (You can also sign up to join the NRA at the range to receive the NRA Members' discount.)

• NRA Members - $15.00 per hour/per lane.
      Additional NRA Member sharing a lane - $10.00 per hour/per lane.
    • Non-members - $20.00 per hour/per lane.
      Additional non-member sharing a lane - $15.00 per hour/per lane.
    • Shooters under the age of 18 sharing a lane with an adult - FREE
      Please call 703-267-1402 for additional requirements for minors coming to the range.

NRA RANGE

ParadigmShift

Mar 29, 2013
    Check out AGC on Marriottsville road. They have a Junior League. Not sure of the ages though. Just shot with a young man this weekend. Parent supervision required.

ParadigmShift

Mar 29, 2013
    I'd never shoot Homer the Range cat. Had to chase him from the range though. Oh, yeah, I like the avatar too....wouldn't shoot him either, just want him to know where he stands (or how he stands :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom