Any outdoor Shooting range in South Maryland???

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • luiso2323

Jun 7, 2015
    St Mary's County
    Hi, I'm new in the state and will like to know where I can go shoot my AK guns and 7.62x39 rifles. I'm located in the Lexington Park area..
    Thanks in advance!!!

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Myrtle Grove it’s not great only an 8 station 100 yrd rife and pistol range but for $20 for a year or $5 for a single day what more could you ask for! Myrtle Grove is located in Charles County about 5 miles west of LaPlata on MD 225. Take U.S. Rt. 301 south to MD 225, about 5 miles south of Waldorf. Go west on MD 225 to Myrtle Grove on the right side of the road drive in around ½ mile range is on the right.

http://dnr2.maryland.gov/wildlife/Pages/publiclands/southern/myrtlegrove.aspx

March through October: Sunday from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm, Monday from 1:00 pm to 6:pm and Tuesday through Saturday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
    November through February: Sunday and Monday from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm and Tuesday through Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
    The range will open at 9:00 am on any Monday that falls on a State Holiday. Search the posting you will find some photos.

Last edited:

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    You can shoot, up to a 50 cal, black power,etc, Auto is an issue only 1 shot a sec, a lot of the MDShooters in Southern Maryland go there to shoot, a few don't it's a little wild west with new shooters but people have to learn, just watch your 6 and eye the people around you even if the range is called cold!:D

Last edited:

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Myrtle Grove WMA Shooting Range Rules

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=5686

ALL RANGES
    1. A Myrtle Grove WMA Shooting Range Permit is required for all users age 18 and older.
    2. Users under 18 years old must have a Hunter Safety Certificate and be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older who has a valid Range Permit.
    3. Alcohol and Drugs are prohibited at all times.
    4. Persons under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs are prohibited on the ranges.
    5. Firearms capable of discharging more than one round with a single trigger pull are prohibited. (Fully automatic)
    6. Use of eye and ear protection is required.
    7. Shooting time is restricted to one (1) hour when others are waiting.
    8. Range users are required to retrieve and remove all trash, targets and spent shells. Trashcans are provided at each range.
    9. Organized competitive shooting is prohibited.
    10. Shooting permitted only from designated shooting stations.

100 Yard Range
    1. All targets must be attached to the target frames provided and placed down range within the guides provided. (See target frame use explanation)
    2. Target frames must be returned to the shooting table when you are finished.
    3. Only paper or cardboard targets may be used.
    4. No shooting at or attaching targets to baffles or support posts.
    5. One shooter allowed per table, one table per shooter. 8 shooters maximum at any one time.
    6. No loaded firearms behind or foreword of shooting area.
    7. Rate of fire is limited to 1 round per second.
    8. Any shooter may request a cease fire at any time.
    9. The line will be called "Hot" only by consensus of all shooters.
    10. All firearms are to be unloaded with breech or action open when shooters are down range. Handling of firearms is prohibited while anyone is down range.
    11. Firearms may only be loaded while the range is "Hot", including loading a charge in a muzzleloader.
    12. Muzzleloader caps may only be fired when.the range

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Hi, I'm new in the state and will like to know where I can go shoot my AK guns and 7.62x39 rifles. I'm located in the Lexington Park area..
    Thanks in advance!!!

Sanners Lake is located in Lexington Park. We are a private club but all of our matches are open to the public. Link to the calendar below and feel free to PM me if you have any questions about joining.

http://sannerslake.org/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom