• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DisguisedRope

Insert clever title here
    Apr 23, 2012
    Mako usm

Was wondering if anyone had any experience with this or a similar style mount. Looking to add a reflex/red dot to my cz 75 sp-01 tactical. I also have the kadet adapter for it so this seems like a good way to use the same sight for both without having to modify the slides to directly attach a sight (drilling/tapping/removing rear notch). It would also be easy to take off and still use the gun for idpa.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    No experience myself, but buyer beware - things sold as 'Universal', rarely are.

DisguisedRope

Insert clever title here
    Apr 23, 2012
    Yea, from the few reviews I've found it doesn't fit out of the box on certain guns, but it can be fixed with some slight filing of the inside of the top of the mount so that it clears the edges of the slide. Seems more stable than some that I've found that just reach around one side of the gun.

DisguisedRope

Insert clever title here
    Apr 23, 2012
    Well I take Amazon reviews with a large grain of salt when there are that few of them. Especially because none of them were about using it on the gun I have. That thread however makes it seem like a solid product.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    The one guy's results do seem very positive. It's anecdotal, though, and there's no way to know if his 1000-round update is entirely honest or forthcoming. I would want to see a bunch of positive reports before I cinched it down to the rail of my expensive pistol. If it hoses up your rail, wouldn't you have to replace the entire frame and how much would that cost? I'm playing devil's advocate.

DisguisedRope

Insert clever title here
    Apr 23, 2012
    That is definitely a good point, I have no desire to mess up my gun . I think as long as there was clearance between the mount and the slide there shouldn't be any issues though. I would definitely make sure that there was ample clearance before firing and after each shot for a box or two to ensure no movement that would cause an issue. If it doesn't fit I'd return it. Amazon is usually pretty good with things like that.

DisguisedRope

Insert clever title here
    Apr 23, 2012
    Also, I guess someone has to try it on a cz to tell others if it can fit on one. I'd rather not be one of the firsts, but it'd be for a good cause. Right? Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom