• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I have never seen one in person and only 2-3 online ever. This popped up on my radar and even though I really shouldn't have bought it as I am trying to pay down some debt, my wife was understanding when I told her just how rare it was, she said go for it....

Up for your viewing is a Rare Chinese Type 51 (not 54) dated 1952. Bright clear PLA Star. Note what I believe is a Russian star on the trigger guard. Note the Russian CCCP Grips. Not much can be found online on Type51's, but they were said to be made on freshly imported Russian machinery. Once the Chinese took full control of production, the Type 54 was then born.

This example is 100% matching, excluding the mag. I had the Chinese text translated and it does in fact say "51 Type"

Bad news: It was mad for export by KBI and a safety was added( I took it off and have it) and they added their mark on the slide. Still, I think its a real Gem!

IMG_1932.JPG

IMG_1933.JPG

IMG_1925.JPG

IMG_1928.JPG

IMG_1929.JPG

IMG_1930.JPG

IMG_1931.JPG

IMG_1935.JPG

IMG_1938.JPG

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Scoped it on gunbroker with a inaccurate and vague description. I didn't recognize the markings so I did the research and determined it was a very rare type 51. Sent the guy an offer and he accepted.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Very nice. Too bad they had to stick that gawd awful safety practically over the date. Oh well, at least its not like the safeties on a romanian or polish Tokarev

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom