• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr Ed

MSI Executive Member
    Jan 13, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    Well, I finally got my C&R and my inaugural purchase is a Beech Special Select with cracked stock. The BBT man brought it today with some GP11 on his second delivery attempt. Knowing my weekend is booked, I just had to take it apart and clean it up tonight. Sleep is over rated. :)
    I am new to C&R but I'd say the seller's description was accurate. I removed just a bit of cosmoline type gunk from the receiver and bolt. There is some pitting on the mag and bolt. The metal is pretty good otherwise and the bore looks good. The stock is cracked as advertised but appears to have been repaired with arsenal repairs in two places. One crack is up by the tang on the wrist and the other is on the bottom forward of the trigger guard. The receiver and barrel match with a serial number from 1945. The stock, hand guard, bolt and magazine date to 51, 55, 34 and 42 respectively.
    It's getting late for a school night so I will close with some picts. Enjoy and please share any knowledge or opinion you may have about my purchase.
    I think I got what I paid for and I already had fun inspecting/cleaning the rifle. I planned this purchase as a shooter and I look forward to getting it out on the range to burn some GP11.
    Cheers,
    Mr. Ed
    IMG_0791[1].jpg

IMG_0792[1].jpg

IMG_0799[1].jpg

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    If you need milsurp 7.5x55 ammo, Sportsmans Guide has it. Spend $49 or more and get free shipping with SH583 code at checkout.

THIS CODE IS GOOD FOR TODAY ONLY!

Last edited:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I bet they'd sell them out if they mentioned the cracks were repaired already.
    Nice deal. Hope it shoots as well as mine did.

Mr Ed

MSI Executive Member
    Jan 13, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    Despite the pouring rain, I managed to get 20 rounds down range yesterday. I just went out to 25 yards and varied my POA but the accuracy seems great!
    I noticed some crud on the bolt face when I cleaned up. I can't say if it is powder residue or maybe some black stuff around the primers on the GP11? Anyone have an idea? See the picture below.
    image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom