• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ghost40

Apr 29, 2015
    I seem to be having alot of these lately...

Recently built my AR, I used a DPMS complete upper. It is a slick side. I would really like to change it out to one with a brass deflector, FA, etc. Is it possible to use the existing parts internel/external essentially just swapping the receiver itself?

Thanks!

Ghost40

Apr 29, 2015
    Live in the White Marsh area. Was going to just hit Freestate and find out their price for swapping over for me.

Ghost40

Apr 29, 2015
    I did not notice anything positive about it, however, I did not notice anything negative about it. I only have about 200 rounds through it. But I am still too new to the platform to really notice any benefits to the additions.
    It started out as a budget build. I wanted an AR but couldn't find anything locally for price range I set. I got a Spike's lower at a decent price, when I went looking for completed uppers, I think I got caught up in the instant gratification of being able to buy one at a shop for under $500 where as for the same price I could have picked up a (what i'll call normal) completed upper online for about the same price. Everything I can find about it, looks like they were used on the Sportical-type ARs.

Now that I have the bug, i am going to end up spending the same amount I would have in a $1200 rifle. Started out at the $700 mark, now with upgrades and new stripped upper, I'm pushing $900.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Oh if you were wanting to build a Vietnam era Air Force Commando/PJ issue CAR-15 replica, you'd need a slick sided upper. That's what they used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom