Another Great Transfer Thru Blue Fins!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mini14tac

MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Just picked up another regulated transfer yesterday that I had processed through Blue Fins. As usual it was a great experience and hats off to the MDS discount. Jamie, Dave and Wayne, Thanks again!!!:thumbsup:

Gorba

Deplorable Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 24, 2018
    Annapolis
    Help me understand something. Why are so many people willing to fork over $40-$50 or more for a FFL transfer when you can pop into your nearest MSP barracks and accomplish the same thing for ten bucks? I, as a buyer, effected a transfer last week at the Annapolis barracks. The seller and I were treated very professionally by a MSP Sgt White and the deed was quickly done for ten bucks. What am I missing?

Mini14tac

MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Mine was a new purchase and was shipped in from Kentucky Gun Co. They will only ship to an FFL. This was not a private sale.

tjv4163

Jun 27, 2012
    21234 city side
    Help me understand something. Why are so many people willing to fork over $40-$50 or more for a FFL transfer when you can pop into your nearest MSP barracks and accomplish the same thing for ten bucks? I, as a buyer, effected a transfer last week at the Annapolis barracks. The seller and I were treated very professionally by a MSP Sgt White and the deed was quickly done for ten bucks. What am I missing?

internet or over state line sales.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Maybe not near a barracks.

Or maybe the seller doesn't want to register for an MSP ID# and pin#

Bob A

MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Or maybe the seller doesn't want to register for an MSP ID# and pin#

I think any transfer within the state of a regulated firearm now requires registering for the ID and pin #.

johnhmpg

Mar 14, 2011
    Can I not bring a regulated firearm to an FFL, and transfer it to someone who has an ID, pin#, and HQL (if needed) without having an ID and pin # myself?

That is what I was getting at.

The buyer starts the process and has the pin. The seller only has to give pertinent information at the barracks or FFL. No pin, no registration.

Bob A

MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    What he said. ^^^

Sorry to misunderstand your question.

Mini14tac

MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Had another great experience with a transfer at Blue Fins. Thanks again to Jamie, Dave and Wayne for a great experience as usual!!!

Biggfoot44

Aug 2, 2009
    With MSP barracks transfer the buyer and seller have to meet in person twice . If they live a significant distance apart, or if at least one of them has a crazy schedule , it can be hassle and/ or cumulative travel expenses . Using FFL, the seller can drop it off @ FFL at his convience , and buy can do his two appearances whenever the FFL is open .

Mini14tac

MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    With MSP barracks transfer the buyer and seller have to meet in person twice . If they live a significant distance apart, or if at least one of them has a crazy schedule , it can be hassle and/ or cumulative travel expenses . Using FFL, the seller can drop it off @ FFL at his convience , and buy can do his two appearances whenever the FFL is open .

Yeah, that works either way but the stuff I had transferred was purchased new online and had to be shipped to an FFL.

ted76

MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I have not done a transfer thru them, but I did a hand gun purchase from them them and had a smooth easy, transaction.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sparkey9901

Latest threads

Top Bottom