• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    A good friend of mine called me this morning, he needed a ride to pick up his car that was in a local shop (tires/rims). On our way there we were passing by 2AS&S, we stopped in.

After a little discussion with the good folks at 2A, he zeroed in on a basic HD shotgun. He asked several more questions, and ended up buying an 870, extended tube, side-saddle, few boxes of ammo and a couple dummy shells for training.

I asked him if he thought when he woke up this morning if he would be buying a firearm, he said plainly, no. He needed that shotgun more than anything in his life. He's been talking to me about buying a firearm for years, easily over a decade; he was my only (and last friend) that did not own a firearm. Problem fixed. :)

Hours later, he told me privately that his wife already told him that she didn't want to even see it. I just sent him a long email about where/how to store/train/educate with it. I know several guys that have guns (typically handguns), and they hide them from their wives. On the other hand, I've met a few couples, that the female was the driving factor for purchasing and keeping a firearm. So this is not a sexist issue - its about knowing the facts, and reducing your risk.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I bet his wife picks him up next time he needs a lift. :)

Good work MM & 2A

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Good job! One more firearms enthusiast added to the fold, and the latest contestant on tonight's episode of "Can This Marriage Be Saved"?

Why am I having this recurring suspicion that Reverend Tom may have presided over today's christening? :innocent0

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Great job!

I still don't understand anyone who marries an anti though. plenty of good country women out there.

F8L_Funnel

Jan 28, 2013
    Even if she says she doesn't want to see it, I hope he can at least get her to learn how to operate it with the dummy rounds for the Oh S#!t moment. I bought a SW M&P9 for my wife. She doesn't mind the gun, but has NO interest in it. On 2 occasions I went over proper operation and such and had her run a few snap caps through. She still hasn't fired a live round. I tried to explain the difference and just wanting her to know what to expect. She abruptly said she knew what she is doing(hard-head), picked it up, loaded(snap-cap), racket, aimed in(arms locked nicely), trigger, racked again, trigger, unloaded, locked the slide and put it down. I still want her to get to the range, but at least she knows how to get the 1st shot off.

I did load a CCI 9mm shot shell as the 1st round...just in case!

Attachments

• shotshell.jpeg
      shotshell.jpeg
      3.8 KB · Views: 258

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I would bet the reason she doesn't want to se it is that she's afraid of it. Teach her to respect the shotgun, teach her that this is a tool that could save her life and if she's not interested in saving her own life, then bad things CAN happen.

Most people that have a phobia against firearms, is due to never being around them or people that use them. Their reasoning is based on TV shows and the liberal media.

Ask her to learn to shoot the shotgun, for no other reason than to protect herself when the husband isn't home. It is far easier to learn to shoot a firearm than it is to talk your way out of being raped or possibly worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom