• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    Wait, so you're really trying to tell me the civil war wasn't about slavery?

The guy proudly flying his confederate flag and slinging KKK items is a cool guy, but I'm the shitty one for calling him for what he is?

F this, I'm out. I heard MDShooters was full of racist. Didn't know it was this bad.
    so was he talking racist chit to everyone that would listen, or did he just have the flag and knife?
    That would make a difference.

ant

May 12, 2020

The guy proudly flying his confederate flag and slinging KKK items is a cool guy, but I'm the shitty one for calling him for what he is?

F this, I'm out. I heard MDShooters was full of racist. Didn't know it was this bad.
    Even being black myself I understand people collect a wide variety of things. Tons of people collect Nazi stuff yet aren't Nazis. It's no different from some of the weirdos dressed up downtown at night .everyone has their own thing these days

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Even being black myself I understand people collect a wide variety of things. Tons of people collect Nazi stuff yet aren't Nazis. It's no different from some of the weirdos dressed up downtown at night .everyone has their own thing these days
    I remember going to a militaria show at the Timmonium fairgrounds years ago and looking at what I thought was a really nice, well designed knife until I turned it over to see the big emblem painted on the side.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019

31,000 + members in MDShooters,,, you are having a disagreement over the "Rebel Flag" with ~2-3 members,,,,, And now MDS is WORSE than "Full of racists" ??

I personally don't get the flying the rebel flag thing,,, But I am not demanding the canceling of Dukes of Hazard reruns.

BTW, if a black guy had a table flying a blank panthers flag,, and he had stuff on the table I was interested in,, I would be there wheeling and dealing with him, never even giving the flag a 2nd thought.

Hibs

Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    31,000 + members in MDShooters,,, you are having a disagreement over the "Rebel Flag" with ~2-3 members,,,,, And now MDS is WORSE than "Full of racists" ??

I personally don't get the flying the rebel flag thing,,, But I am not demanding the canceling of Dukes of Hazard reruns.

BTW, if a black guy had a table flying a blank panthers flag,, and he had stuff on the table I was interested in,, I would be there wheeling and dealing with him, never even giving the flag a 2nd thought.
    I get your point... "full" is a poor choice of words. I'm just sharing what others have said on other social media sites. Myself having just now formed my own opinions of certain members based on their responses.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I wasn't offended by the items. I was offended by the vendor's display of discrimination.

At first I thought maybe your reading comprehension is failing you. But now I'm seeing that you're just trying to show your support for said vendor. I'll add you to the a little butthurt. Did I make your list too?
    I get your point... "full" is a poor choice of words. I'm just sharing what others have said on other social media sites. Myself having just now formed my own opinions of certain members based on their responses.
    Now got me curious, what other social media sites would be discussing the goings on of MDS or it’s members?
    Sounds like some butthurt former members spreading rumors.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I wasn't offended by the items. I was offended by the vendor's display of discrimination.

At first I thought maybe your reading comprehension is failing you. But now I'm seeing that you're just trying to show your support for said vendor. I'll add you to the list.
    Now that I am on your ignore list you may not see this but, when I responded it was to anyone attempting to limit the freedoms of another. I am sorry if you took it personally that within one out of maybe 5 gun shows in MD in the last 10 years you found items you did not like. It was a display of items for sale, now maybe if the seller was promoting an ideology then play your cards, your friends here might just support you.
    Personally I did not like the R booth because I don't care for politicians, they are difficult to trust.

Stick around Hibs, MDS is not as bad as others may have told you.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    I stopped by Saturday afternoon. Close to home, cheap to get in, and supporting gun shows in MD was an easy call for me. I was mainly looking for a percussion muzzleloader for someone. There were some promising specimens, but I ended up passing on them. SCSG had some great stuff at fair prices. There was a decent variety of guns available for the size of the show. I hope they come back.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I wanted to go Sunday but couldn’t make it. Curious if any vendors are close to Annapolis? I’m in the market for a handgun and the show is convenient for me but wouldn’t want to have to drive an hour to pick it up a week later.

Naptown52

Dec 16, 2013
    I went early Saturday morning. Weather was crap, but only 10 minutes from my house, so I couldn't turn it down. I finally caved and joined MSI as I've been meaning to do for some time now.

There was a large table in the middle selling lots of accessories, Magpul items, various AR uppers, etc. I asked the guy working there if he had any success selling the pistol stabilizing braces as they had many on display. He said that they had been selling pretty well. Given the current political environment, I feel like its about as risky as investing money in the tech sector right now. Kind of want to wait to see what happens before I spend my $$$ on one.

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    I wanted to go Sunday but couldn’t make it. Curious if any vendors are close to Annapolis? I’m in the market for a handgun and the show is convenient for me but wouldn’t want to have to drive an hour to pick it up a week later.
    What about Anglers or Gun Runners here in Annapolis area?

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    I went early Saturday morning. Weather was crap, but only 10 minutes from my house, so I couldn't turn it down. I finally caved and joined MSI as I've been meaning to do for some time now.

There was a large table in the middle selling lots of accessories, Magpul items, various AR uppers, etc. I asked the guy working there if he had any success selling the pistol stabilizing braces as they had many on display. He said that they had been selling pretty well. Given the current political environment, I feel like its about as risky as investing money in the tech sector right now. Kind of want to wait to see what happens before I spend my $$$ on one.
    Thanks for joining MSI!

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    What about Anglers or Gun Runners here in Annapolis area?
    Ya there’s plenty of ffl’s around to shop from I’m asking if any were at the show. Or who would be the closest ffl at the show to that area?

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    so... I did not go to the show, I went to the Virginia collectors show in Manassas and it was only OK....now, I am Jewish and am not a huge fan of Nazi shit but they did make nice Lugers and gravity knifes and First Amendment blah blah blah, also I assume most of the guys collecting and selling the stuff are not actually Nazi's.
    I grew up in MD where we were taught the civil war was about states rights, slavery, Northern Aggression, mostly economics and the Dukes of Hazzard and Molly Hatchet were cool. I have a confederate flag on one of my camping coolers, I also saw Eldridge Cleaver speak at UMD College Park back in the 80's and agreed with a lot of what Malcom X had to say .
    I think what I am trying to say is people are often stupid, racism is both stupid and offensive, most things are complicated.
    Lets all try to just be nice or at least not be assholes.....

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    In 2023, the majority of Americans would say yes.

Let me ask you this. If you were a person of color going through that show and you saw that vendor, what would you think? You see an older white male, with a confederate flag not for sale but on his personal display. No other flags on display, just that one. What would you think? Then you glance at his items and one of the first things you see is a KKK knife. Do you think that's real welcoming?

I know I know, I'm dealing with MDShooters, predominantly middle-late aged white males, y'all just think it's OK since he'll say it's part of his heritage or something, right? Maybe take a second to truly reflect on what that flag stood for (a rebellion against the UNITED STATES in order to maintain slavery), and what good reason someone in 2023 would have with displaying it.
    Well most every historian will tell you it wasn't just to keep slavery it was about STATE'S RIGHTS as in "United STATES of America. Many in the South knew the economy would be devastated with the sudden loss of slavery. Some of the states had plans in place to eliminate slavery before the war started.

BTW, haven't many Americans talked about revolution due to 2A restrictions, growth of and corruption of government and an unpayable debt? Some right here on this forum.....

He can display it because he can as an American, like it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom