• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knight

Jul 21, 2022
    Maryland
    Came across this on Amazon and am thinking of getting it for my AR pistol.

I am pretty sure this can legally be considered an angled foregrip since it's not vertical and not at a 90 degree angle but wanted to get some thoughts.

I realize it's a cheap piece of plastic made in China. I do have a Magpul AFG currently mounted but wanted something I can wrap my thumb around underneath the barrel.

Appreciate any thoughts!
    AFG.png

Amazon product ASIN B0B67GJBDR

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    its angled, don't know how effective it would be with the C-Clamp grip though.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I tried a Colt brand angled foregrip with light and laser on one M4 I have...didn't like it. The angle didn't feel right...a vertical foregrip is ore comfortable. I ended up selling the Colt foregrip...Colt dropped them from the catalog so others must not have liked it either.

Knight

Jul 21, 2022
    Maryland
    Correct, this is for my AR pistol so no vertical foregrip legally permitted without it being an SBR. I mentioned earlier I have a Magpul AFG currently mounted but its not all that comfortable.

So I was wondering if this grip could be considered an "angled grip" that I could legally mount on my AR pistol.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    If you look at it like an HBAR that has to marked or marketed as such I'd avoid this due to the fact it's not listed as an angled foregrip anywhere on the page. You could probably argue in your favor but it would be a lot easier if it was marketed as an AFG.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Correct, this is for my AR pistol so no vertical foregrip legally permitted without it being an SBR.

Actually , a vertical foregrip could potentially make a pistol into an AOW .

IF the resultant firearm is less than 26 inch OAL .

Over 26 inch OAL , it would be an * Other Firearm * , same catagory as PGO shotgun- like device . Aka Legal if you are over 21yo .

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    That is a cheap Chinese knockoff of a foregrip made by Stark Equipment.

I encourage you to buy the US Made real one.

If you want to try one, I think I have one floating around in a parts box I will give you you. (it is OD green)

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Screenshot_20220809-170703_Gallery.jpg

I like hand-stops better for pistols. They're legally safer and still work well for control/indexing the front.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have tried to like AFGs and VFGs and just don't, hand stops can be Ok, but can also be limiting. My general rule is slim handguards and a C-grip way out near the muzzle on longer barrels, fat handguards and a closer grip on shorter barrels, and if there isn't enough room for that, just grab the front of the magwell.

Knight

Jul 21, 2022
    Maryland
    That is a cheap Chinese knockoff of a foregrip made by Stark Equipment.

I encourage you to buy the US Made real one.

If you want to try one, I think I have one floating around in a parts box I will give you you. (it is OD green)
    Thank you. I hadn't heard of Stark Equipment before and it looks of better quality. I appreciate the offer but I am thinking that since you can wrap your thumb around it, it's probably not legal for and AR pistol. Makes it an AOW I believe.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Thank you. I hadn't heard of Stark Equipment before and it looks of better quality. I appreciate the offer but I am thinking that since you can wrap your thumb around it, it's probably not legal for and AR pistol. Makes it an AOW I believe.

IANAL and won't speak to the legality of it. I can vouch for the quality of stark equipment as I have used their products and they are very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom