Anderson manufacturing AR-15, what's it worth?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    In Philadelphia, it's worth fifty bucks.

tmg-article_default_mobile.jpg

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    So I'm looking at possibly picking up this AR-15 from a friend of mine. He's looking to make some room in his safe and offered it to me for 500, which perked my interest at first,but later I started thinking about it and I'm like "how good could a $500 AR-15 be?"
    Sadly I don't have any pictures of it or I would post it up but I do have some details. It's an Anderson Manufacturing AM-15, chambered in 7.62X39, 16in barrel, from what he told me it's pretty standard from the factory, he's only put about 200rds threw it, so it's almost brand new still, he says it's a pretty sweet shooter. I'm use to seeing 900+ on most decent AR-15'S in the shops in Md.,so 500 kinda made me stop and think.
    So I'm curious if anyone has any experience or knowledge on these. Are they any good, are they prone to breaking or jamming? What are they really worth, at 500 is he cutting me a deal or is he trying to rip me off?
    It's an AK, I wouldn't give over 350 for it. Crummy ammo. IMNSHO...

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Cracks me up when people dump on some particular manufacturer of a lower. It's a complete rifle. You can buy a box of ammo, take it to the range and shoot it. If it fires, it doesn't matter what spec. of aluminum the receiver is made of. It's a $500 semi rifle to fire surplus ammo. Nobody expects precision. If the OP wanted a $2000 custom build with a Krieger barrel and some rhodium plated laser polished lower, he wouldn't be buying a $500 shooter off his buddy.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Cracks me up when people dump on some particular manufacturer of a lower. It's a complete rifle. You can buy a box of ammo, take it to the range and shoot it. If it fires, it doesn't matter what spec. of aluminum the receiver is made of. It's a $500 semi rifle to fire surplus ammo. Nobody expects precision. If the OP wanted a $2000 custom build with a Krieger barrel and some rhodium plated laser polished lower, he wouldn't be buying a $500 shooter off his buddy.
    :thumbsup: That simply makes too much sense.

If Highpoint made an AR 47(7.62x39)… :shrug:

OP should take it to a range… if it cycles properly, hits the target where you point it, and goes pewpew reliably. Then $500.00 isn’t too much for it.

Dave5891

Mar 12, 2021
    Nailed it. I own one of these and have well over 1k rounds through it. Anderson upper, anderson lower. It hits 8” gongs at 200 yards allllllll day long with zero problems. Opt for the extended firing pin if using 122gr Tula ammo. As for feed issues, you just need to use the C-products duramags and youre golden. YMMV of course

HSF

Jun 6, 2019
    So I'm looking at possibly picking up this AR-15 from a friend of mine. He's looking to make some room in his safe and offered it to me for 500, which perked my interest at first,but later I started thinking about it and I'm like "how good could a $500 AR-15 be?"
    Sadly I don't have any pictures of it or I would post it up but I do have some details. It's an Anderson Manufacturing AM-15, chambered in 7.62X39, 16in barrel, from what he told me it's pretty standard from the factory, he's only put about 200rds threw it, so it's almost brand new still, he says it's a pretty sweet shooter. I'm use to seeing 900+ on most decent AR-15'S in the shops in Md.,so 500 kinda made me stop and think.
    So I'm curious if anyone has any experience or knowledge on these. Are they any good, are they prone to breaking or jamming? What are they really worth, at 500 is he cutting me a deal or is he trying to rip me off?
    Can't vouch for that model but I own 3 AM AR's that I built myself - all in RF85 and they are SAWEEET! One .556, one 6.5 Grendel, and a 10.5" pistol length .300 Blackout. JP triggers on all and tungsten powder buffers + either muzzle breaks or suppressors. Only had feed problems with crappy magazines on the .300.

m.ammer69

Jul 3, 2013
    Thank you guys for all the info and advice. Sadly I think I might pass on it for now,save and get either a ar-308 or an mini 14.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom