• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    I took a friend to my local range and brought along some C&R milsurps for him to try out, including my M44. The last time I had it at the range, I was trying to do a final "dial-in" on the sights. I thought I was close but I worried that eye fatigue was getting the better of me so I stopped for that day. I wasn't really sure if I was done.

I just pulled it out of the bag and sent 5 shots at 100 yards at a crappy, low contrast target with iron sights and the bayonet retracted and got a very good group just above the bull. Then, I handed it to my friend who put a bullet through one of my holes. His other shots were near my shots. Pretty darned satisfying, I have to say. PPU brass ammo seems to be quite good. I'm saving the brass to try some handloads because I received many recommendations here that handloads would greatly improve accuracy and consistency.

That thing is loud just being behind the trigger. Sitting next to my buddy, being on the scope, I saw a vivid lightning flash and a hell of a shock every time he fired. Good, cheap fun.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Just wait until you get your hands on a Steyr M95/30. If you think the M44 is loud and bright, hoooo boy.....
    Yep! :)

Be my Valentine :heart:

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads