• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I did not go through the buying of usless holsters. I prefre shoulder holsters, especially when driving. I made my own out of #6 leather, custom fitted to me. I wear a T shirt under it and then covered by a loose fitting Hawian shirt. Very comfy holds my Kahr CM40 or my K40 with spare mag. View attachment 371676

I am will most likely CC either M&P9 or Sig M17

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I always take a g19 Alien Gear shapeshift holster with me overseas because I can’t always choose what circumstances I’m carrying under and it’s nice to have options without carrying 10 different holsters. The appendix carry backer is more comfortable than kydex, especially when I spend 3-4 hours in a vehicle. People at work liked it enough that work bought a ton of them for people in other jobs who can’t pick whatever holster they want. This means the holster passed a reasonably difficult safety evaluation, too. I don’t really find the holster to be any more or less concealable than any other one I have.

Lately carrying a G43x or G43 tends to make more sense in spite of my preference for shooting a g19, in which case I use a tactipac holster. Tactipac has milt sparks level wait time, so I can’t recommend it to most. They are really good though.

That said, if you can pick your own firearms then you probably don’t need all that modularity. But if you don’t know how you like to carry, or want options for a firearm you don’t carry very often, this isn’t a bad choice to have lying around. A lot of kydex holster makers will charge you $100 for $5 worth of kydex, at least you’re getting your $100 worth in this case. Or at least that’s what it cost in 2018 when I bought mine.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I carry concealed 99% of the time off duty and honestly the best (for me) and also about the cheapest holster has always been the Slim Tuk line.
    I use these. The clip is plastic and basically garbage. The serrations/indents/plastic wheel thing the clip is on, all stripped on both of mine. So I just cranked them down as hard as possible and it's straight up and down. That being said, they are very thin and that's why I like them. I wish I could somehow get metal clips on them. I use them with my 365 and 43X

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Get a basic Veddar holster and be done with it.

There's a lot of useless gimmicks out there. AG is headed in that direction for the vast majority of folks.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I use these. The clip is plastic and basically garbage. The serrations/indents/plastic wheel thing the clip is on, all stripped on both of mine. So I just cranked them down as hard as possible and it's straight up and down. That being said, they are very thin and that's why I like them. I wish I could somehow get metal clips on them. I use them with my 365 and 43X

Perhaps you can replace them with Ulticlips.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Perhaps you can replace them with Ulticlips.

Thanks. I might give one a try. But really not much of a pressing issue for me. Thanks for the heads up.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    I have a gen 1 AG holster that just doesn’t work well. Used it for 6 months until I learned how bad it is compared to a Vedder or similar. Bought a shape shift to try out and returned it. AG wouldn’t allow my negative review to post.

Being a left handed shooter, there are not many good options out there. I find that Vedder, Tulster are great for most guns I carry (365, 365xl, LCP max). I also use a Philster Enigma under scrubs or sweats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom