• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Anyone have any experience with the Hungarian AMD 65 put together by TGI? Seems like a good truck or car gun.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It's a perfectly good gun if you're willing to buy new furniture. The factory furniture is, IMHO, pretty freaking horrible. But once you've got the AMD65tech stock, US Palm pistol grip, and fore-end setup of your choice, the gun starts really performing nicely.

Also would recommend a rear peep sight, be it TWS or Tech Sights.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Thanks guys. I like the price, haven't seen one in person to comment on the furniture. I know one member here was having trouble with a new top cover trying to ad an optic but an optic would not be in my plans. A peep site maybe if it is an easy fit.

NIK

Jul 31, 2012
    MD
    It's a perfectly good gun if you're willing to buy new furniture. The factory furniture is, IMHO, pretty freaking horrible. But once you've got the AMD65tech stock, US Palm pistol grip, and fore-end setup of your choice, the gun starts really performing nicely.

Also would recommend a rear peep sight, be it TWS or Tech Sights.

Too bad you can't swap out that god-awful stock and tactical foregrip with some real furniture. Correct me if I'm wrong, but far as I know you're stuck with it.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I have two AMD-65s. One is in stock form with wooden grips. The second one has a tactical Midwest Industries hand guards, a few AMD-65TECH items, and an Magpul AFG on it.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Too bad you can't swap out that god-awful stock and tactical foregrip with some real furniture. Correct me if I'm wrong, but far as I know you're stuck with it.
    In order to put a wooden furniture you either need to shorten an AK gas tube to fit or find a rare AKM model gas tube. Good luck finding one because I have been trying to find one for six months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom