• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Makarov Kid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 7, 2012
    Commietown, Maryland
    Anybody know how to modify a stamped receiver stock to fit on a 2 tang milled receiver? Videos and advice would be appreciated! If I am trying to do the impossible let me know!

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    What you are doing is impossible. You will not find a stamped receiver buttstock to fit a milled receiver.

Both style of receivers use different attachment methods.

You will need to buy a stock designed specifically for the milled receiver.

AK-47_AKM.jpg

Look in the pic. The AK-47 stock goes at a downward angle whereas the AKM stock goes straight across. That alone makes the buttstocks totally impossible to interchange including the different methods used to attach them.

Makarov Kid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 7, 2012
    Commietown, Maryland
    Awwww. I wanted to change out a few parts for a russian tiger striped stock! And there's no stamped AK's out there that I know of that are in Maryland. (Talking about a stamped Arsenal or Krebs.) Does anybody know if Ironwood would take custom wood orders or custom wood stains/finishes?

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Awwww. I wanted to change out a few parts for a russian tiger striped stock! And there's no stamped AK's out there that I know of that are in Maryland. (Talking about a stamped Arsenal or Krebs.) Does anybody know if Ironwood would take custom wood orders or custom wood stains/finishes?

Ironwood will do custom anything for a price, though they are more limited on finishes. I've never asked him about a specific grain, and if you want tiger striped it might cost you. But it sounds like you have a sweet stock that you should keep for the right stamped build... and there are still tons of donor rifles out there, even if availability is slim right now. Don't rush to modify a pretty stock you might later regret altering.

Makarov Kid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 7, 2012
    Commietown, Maryland
    Thanks everyone!

What rifle is this for?.
    An Arsenal SLR 101-13
    Ironwood will do custom anything for a price, though they are more limited on finishes. I've never asked him about a specific grain, and if you want tiger striped it might cost you. But it sounds like you have a sweet stock that you should keep for the right stamped build... and there are still tons of donor rifles out there, even if availability is slim right now. Don't rush to modify a pretty stock you might later regret altering.

Thanks for the info. Might try to ask ironwood over the phone for the custom stock idea! Gonna save up money for the tiger stripe too. :D

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Look in the pic. The AK-47 stock goes at a downward angle whereas the AKM stock goes straight across. That alone makes the buttstocks totally impossible to interchange including the different methods used to attach them.

In fairness, comb angle doesn't dictate fitment. All it dictates is where your face ends up in relation to the stock when you get a cheekweld.

I could sand down an AKM stock to have the same comb angle as a milled-receiver stock. It'll fit an AKM just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom