• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Looking to replace my east German folding stock, as I'm putting it on a different AK. I need a folder that will fit a Maadi AKM. Preferably something old school, or that would have actually been seen on an old AK, but not limited to Maadi. Not interested in the Maadi folder as I want something a little more comfortable. I don't want a stock that would be seen on a 74, as I'm a "watered down purist". As long as its "7.62x39" specific I'm ok with it.

Thanks!

I'll post pics of the most recent paint job on the rifle.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    That folder will not fit on the other rifle . I have a home for it , I shall save it so you don't have to go through the disappointment :innocent0

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    That folder will not fit on the other rifle . I have a home for it , I shall save it so you don't have to go through the disappointment :innocent0

I'll trade you the stock for that 1887 or a lever gun :)

Not familiar with the ATI. But willing to research!

Now that I think of it, modern isn't too bad because I do have an Ergo grip on the rifle. Which I LOVE! I'll throw on anything as long as its not the collapsible AR kinds.

6c0f5754-bb36-9ce7.jpg

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    I'll trade you the stock for that 1887 or a lever gun :)

Not familiar with the ATI. But willing to research!

Now that I think of it, modern isn't too bad because I do have an Ergo grip on the rifle. Which I LOVE! I'll throw on anything as long as its not the collapsible AR kinds.

6c0f5754-bb36-9ce7.jpg

Nice bathroom gun :thumbsup:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The Bonesteel/CNCW folding mechanism is generally well thought of, if you can tolerate an AR-style stock.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Well, if you're willing to drop the insistence that it be a 7.62x39-specific stock, there are some options... the Beryl and Russian triangle stocks are pretty decent, but they were never originally found on a '47. Of course, the only folders that I've found that give a worthwhile cheek weld are the AK-100 stocks, and those are not retrofittable.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    The wire stock along with the Egyptian crutch stock you also don't like are the only 7.62x39 sidefolding stocks ever built for purity sake. ATI is in the same league as tapco meaning it is overpriced crap.

The polish beryl stock is going to be your cheapest/easiest/milspec/durable option if you have to have a sidefolder. Just take out your original stock and slide in the folder and you are good to go.

Otherwise your options are very limited unless you want to permanently modify the gun lowering its value significantly if you care.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Unfortunately, excellent condition Beryl stocks have become much, much harder to find, and more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom