• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KGents019

Nov 20, 2013
    Hey guys, Do these fall under the AK "lookalike" category? making them banned? Considering they are .22 I am assuming they are OK. but hey, I could completely wrong.

Thanks

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    I've seen mixed reviews on those GSG AK-47 .22s. I don't own one myself, but I looked at them closely about a year ago, but ultimately decided to pass. Sig 522, M&P 15-22 may be better choices if you are not wedded to the AK look.

I think the issue was that they were a bit ammo fussy, but it was so long ago now, that may not be it. Do some research before you get one.

KGents019

Nov 20, 2013
    Yeah, I have heard somewhat the same. Already have a 15-22 and love it. I was just browsing around and found one super cheap ($170 cheap), never have been too into the AK style so wasn't sure about the lookalike regs on them.

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    I think if you are only spending $170 on it and it isn't a jam-o-matic, I'd probably go for it.

You may not be shooting it much while ammo is in short supply, but I am sure you can eventually feed it something it likes.

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    Emphasis on eventually. I have to think the 22 shortage isn't going to last much longer. The other stuff is starting to come back so it cannot be that far behind.

At least I hope so. I am down to one brick and a few small boxes. I am probably not going to shoot any rimfire at all until I can find more. At least the weather has been crappy but spring is almost here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom