• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Anyone know of a place that repairs airsoft gun around the central MD area? I have an AK47 airsoft rifle, and the buttstock is broken. I am not sure the brand, as I bought it second hand. Might need a battery pack too. I am not really into airsoft hardcore, so I didn't know if there was some well known place. Thanks.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Airarms Sports in Frederick may be able to help. The last time i was there with my son the guy working there had one apart that he was working on.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Do you have a picture of the area that's broken? I might be able to help somehow.
    I guess I also need a rear sight. But, the buttstock contains the battery and the cover is broken off. Not to mention the stock has some tacky, gummy coating on it. I can't find a brand name on the rifle anywhere.

Attachments

• 20220828_133410.jpg
      20220828_133410.jpg
      289.6 KB · Views: 83
    • 20220828_133427.jpg
      20220828_133427.jpg
      294.7 KB · Views: 65
    • 20220828_133456.jpg
      20220828_133456.jpg
      159.5 KB · Views: 61
    • 20220828_133506.jpg
      20220828_133506.jpg
      211.9 KB · Views: 63
    • 20220828_133516.jpg
      20220828_133516.jpg
      206 KB · Views: 65
    • 20220828_133546.jpg
      20220828_133546.jpg
      128.5 KB · Views: 61
    • 20220828_133707.jpg
      20220828_133707.jpg
      163.4 KB · Views: 61

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    That's a CYMA/JG/ACM (airsoft chinese made) AK replica that is cloned from the gen 1 Tokyo Marui AK design. The achilles heel on those replicas are are plastic receivers and buttstock connection tabs. Judging from the pictures, it looks like the connections are sheared and you will need a replacement stock altogether. This should fit: https://www.evike.com/products/29441/ and is easy to install (just remove the pistol grip and that will give you ample clearance to remove the 3 screws that hold on the stock.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    I'd call http://www.tacticalairsoftarena.com/ on their store hours (Rockville location) and ask if they got any spare parts for Tokyo Marui AK clones. I used to work in that arena as an airsmith and we used to run short version of those AKs as rentals all the time. Perhaps they can cannibalize a junker to help you out, or PM me and I can ask management themselves.

Sirex