• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I've got a pretty scarred trade in 870 I got a while back. They still pop up affordable every now and then. If I see an 870 for $300 I buy it nowadays without hesitation. Finish can be fixed if you want but we daw how nuts shotgun prices went
    I missed out on a good deal a couple weeks ago at a local place. Gunbroker is ridiculous.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    FYI for those looking for a police trade in 870

Gideon Tactical (their username on Gunbroker) is an EMS supply store (I forget the store name) in Coatesville PA. They also have a gun shop but arent allowed to advertise such cause of some stupid township rule. I've done VERY well on a few used shotguns they listed on GB; just call them and if there aren't any bids you can buy at their store in PA weekdays. Their GB site is worth a watch

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I got my barrel yesterday. A little scratched up but clean. I'll put it on my approved SBS this weekend. I could never bring myself to cut the old wingmaster barrel.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    FYI for those looking for a police trade in 870

Gideon Tactical (their username on Gunbroker) is an EMS supply store (I forget the store name) in Coatesville PA. They also have a gun shop but arent allowed to advertise such cause of some stupid township rule.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    I got my barrel yesterday. A little scratched up but clean. I'll put it on my approved SBS this weekend. I could never bring myself to cut the old wingmaster barrel.
    Awesome, that was a smart decision. Now you have a 2 for 1

Redbean

Redbean
    Jan 14, 2017
    Beltsville, Maryland
    I have a used police trade-in Remington Wingmaster with the back wooden stock cut off for a pistol grip. It's a great candidate for a SBS, but it's not a "MAGNUM" receiver. So, I know I can't use 3-inch shells, but it will still work with the Remington 14.5 inch barrel that's marked "MAGNUM" right? Basically, is there any reason not to use this and to look for a authentic Remington "MAGNUM" receiver? Thanks

salopez

Apr 11, 2011
    Mt airy Md
    got it put together with a blackhawk noxx stock... can't wait to try it this weekend!

Attachments

• 20220826_194153.jpg
      20220826_194153.jpg
      367.6 KB · Views: 113

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I have a used police trade-in Remington Wingmaster with the back wooden stock cut off for a pistol grip. It's a great candidate for a SBS, but it's not a "MAGNUM" receiver. So, I know I can't use 3-inch shells, but it will still work with the Remington 14.5 inch barrel that's marked "MAGNUM" right? Basically, is there any reason not to use this and to look for a authentic Remington "MAGNUM" receiver? Thanks

Should work fine except might look sort of weird having a parkerized barrel on a blue receiver. Don’t use magnum shells if the receiver not a magnum.

Redbean

Redbean
    Jan 14, 2017
    Beltsville, Maryland
    Thanks Alphabrew. I was going to re-park the receiver because it's in rough shape anyway. When you say magnum shells, do you mean 3-inch shells, or do they make magnum in 2.5-inch shells? Who can re-park my receiver?

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    I understand that a 2-3/4 870 can be converted to function with 3 inch shells if the barrel is a 3 inch barrel and the ejector is replaced with a 3 inch ejector and ejector spring.

The ejector is riveted in. Usually the gun or at least the rivets will should be refinished after the rivets are installed.

I’ve heard of people adapting screw in Mossberg ejectors to the 870. I can’t find any documentation on that now.

Remington parts have been kind of hard to find recently. It looks like the ejectors are available.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    On a second look I am having trouble finding ejectors in stock anywhere.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I’m surprised these are still in stock. I need one like I need a hole in the head but I won’t be able to pass up any sale on these if they drop the price. They didn’t do that for Labor Day so prob not likely.

Redbean

Redbean
    Jan 14, 2017
    Beltsville, Maryland
    On a second look I am having trouble finding ejectors in stock anywhere.
    There's only one size ejector for GA/model of shotgun, correct? And, it's the ejector spring that is longer (3-inches). This longer ejector spring attaches inside the same ejector with a single shoulder rivet, right? Do I have this right?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Just saw that Engage is getting some LE trade 870s. Also noticed that they are no longer an IP…

D1F5FE3B-EB47-4A97-9920-8C9E0D2DAE0E.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom